Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 03-14-2002, 05:05 AM   #1
BrumBrum
FlashFXP Registered User

Unhappy Can't run any newer version than 1.4 build 800

That's the newest build I can run on this pc with win98SE installed. I'm a registered user, and have paid for the product, so the license should be ok. I've tried to reinstall, uninstall etc, but no luck. Each time I try to run a upgraded version of flashfxp, it looks like the program is gonna load, but then nothing happens..... I then have to close the program from the Task Manager. If I go back to the old version, it runs without a problem.

I've figured out that something must be wrong on the pc I use, bacuse if I try a newer version on a different pc, it works fine and no problems at all.

Can someone please help me find a solution on how to run a newer version on this pc?

Thanks for your time.
Old 03-14-2002, 06:55 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Are you using zone alarm? there have been several reports that it conflicts with FlashFXP, among many other internet applications.

Also uninstalling FlashFXP doesn't remove all the files your settings and sites remain, perhaps either one of them is corrupted.

Did you try installing FlashFXP into a new folder?
Old 03-14-2002, 07:53 AM   #3
BrumBrum
FlashFXP Registered User

No Zonealarm at all here. Tried 3 different locations. Same result every time. I can move the whole folder to a different pc, install a newer build with the same sites.dat file, and it works perfectly on the other pc.
Old 03-14-2002, 07:57 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Send an email to support@flashfxp.com, include the name on your license, I will reply with a debug version, it will be around 1mb.

Tags
build, newer, run, time, version