Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

News All the latest News and Information

Old 10-26-2004, 09:34 PM   #1
Linkster
Administrator

Default FlashFXP v3.0.2.1044 Final - Maintenance Release

FlashFXP v3.0.2.1044 Final - Maintenance Release

You may download this either via the customer portal or by using LiveUpdate (Help/Check for new version). You must be using 3.0+ to install this update.

A full version setup will be released in the next couple days for users of 2.x and lower. Obviously, this is a registered users only update, and non-registered users will have to wait for the Full Install release.

Changes

• When copying a site profile the bookmarks for the site are now copied as well.
• Improved interval precision sending noops "Send noop during transfer".
• Relocated some resizing code to perform prior to displaying the main window to reduce a flicker when using certain windows xp themes.
• To insure the proper action for the file exist rule, a hidden "SIZE <filename>" is now issued to the target size when performing a site to site transfer.
• Improved the resource consumption by dynamically managing the custom command and site list menus.
• RTF generator now uses the system default character set rather than the ANSI character set. This caused problems displaying chinese text.
• I came up with a new method of converting the ftp status text into richtext (RTF) for display in the internal editor; a huge speed improvement over the old way.
• Improved IP-NAT detection and handling when performing site to site transfers.
• /setreg or /repair via the command line will now update the registry "Install Path" with the current location of FlashFXP.
• If you run LiveUpdate from a location other than the "Install Path" set in the registry you will now be able to update your copy of FlashFXP, but will be required to download the "Full Install".
• Small improvements to Local Browser.
• The upload packet size now defaults to 8kb, if your previous setting is 4kb it will automatically be updated to 8kb. There appears to be some strange issues with 4kb packets.
• The two text file site import formats now support importing from unicode type text files.
• Fixed tabstop order in the CHMOD dialog.
• Added some extra handling in an attempt to handle "550 Active transfer in process, terminate transfer with ABOR before proceeding." errors.
• The find dialogs in FlashFXP have been replaced by custom dialogs. The native windows find dialog was causing a rare but unexplained error.
• Improved FTP error handling while using "Send noop during transfer".
• The internal text editor find feature now supports searching in the up direction.
• The SSL/TLS certificate dialog prompt is now automatically closed if the ftp connection is lost.

Fixes

• A fairly significant flaw was found in a routine that was modified to improve "send noops during transfer", this flaw was observed when the server returned a multi-line reply after a data connection (List, Upload, Download).
• When you delete the last item in the queue the itemindex becomes -1 preventing you from pressing the up arrow.
• Prior to each file transfer the SIZE command is issued to determine if the file still exists and the current size, However on failure an error message appears the statusbar that should of been suppressed.
• In some cases the right drop down path box was being incorrectly selected when using old style tab stops.
• Fixed retry delay bug when loading a fxp queue and the first site failed to login. i.e. site1(login error), site2(logged in), immediately tried site1 again without using the proper retry delay.
• drawing bug in filter / favorites list after selecting a custom color.
• After aborting a file edit/view the temporary file was not properly deleted on exit.
• If the connection is lost during a FTP File Search or Delete and you tell FlashFXP to reconnect and resume, after reconnect it hangs.
• In some cases transfer errors during a site to site transfer weren't triggering a transfer abort and FlashFXP kept waiting for the transfer to complete.

• Eliminated delay on closing remote dropdown box after making a selection.
• The statusbar was incorrectly updated when files were skipped by adding them to the queue while a file transfer was in progress.
• Connecting to two sites via Quick Connect (and possiblity the Site Manager) at the exact same time can result in the connection data pointer being improperly set. The user may not notice a problem but the first site may use the wrong settings or fail to start the transfer queue.
• Adding a new site manager site and then adding multiple IP addresses without first saving the site caused the site to be improperly saved.
• Overriding the global file exists rule and then copying over the default rules disabled the per-site rule tab.
• The Calculate FTP Space Used dialog was not compatible with windows large fonts.
• Corrected an evaluation logic error in the local browser.
• The ListView_EditLabel(handle, -1) API doesn't seem to correctly cancel a listview item edit when the listview is LVS_OWNERDATA.
• In the File Exists Dialog several labels weren't using the user defined font.
• Fixed multiple selection bug in Restore Queue dialog.
• In some cases on FTP download if the transfer was small and the ftp server was lagged if the transfer complete message took more than 10 seconds to appear the connection timed out.
• When using "Transfer As" the Cancel button will no longer transfer any previously queued files.
• A graphical glitch in progressbar on the "Calculate FTP Space Used" Dialog.
• I completely rewrote the bookmark menu routine to resolve a new bug created by my previous fix.
• The popup welcome message window now uses the correct text colors.
• Ctrl + auto resize bug
• Resolved bug that prevented accessing network drives under some configurations. (i.e. novell network shares)
• The site import failed to update the notes field to the new format when importing sites from older versions of FlashFXP.

New

• Added new command line param -savequeue or -savequeue=<filename> this param is used combined with loading a queue file via the command line, it will update the original (or defined filename) file on exit.
• Added command line option for specifying an alternate logfile. The command is -logfile="path to logfile".

(Complete list of changes since v3.0 build 1015 final)
Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 05:25 AM   #2
Deacon
FlashFXP Registered User

Good stuff
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:52 AM   #3
ugh

Currently, LiveUpdate downloads a 15.8k html file and saves it as ffxpv302b1043-update.exe. FlashFXP then offers to run the downloaded update. While this is probably only a temporary problem, it raises the issue of validation of the installer. If somebody hacks the LiveUpdate server and uploads a fake update (a hostile program), FlashFXP will currently happily execute it. Can you add some fancy digital signature to your releases to address this security flaw?
ugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:14 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by ugh
Currently, LiveUpdate downloads a 15.8k html file and saves it as ffxpv302b1043-update.exe. FlashFXP then offers to run the downloaded update. While this is probably only a temporary problem, it raises the issue of validation of the installer. If somebody hacks the LiveUpdate server and uploads a fake update (a hostile program), FlashFXP will currently happily execute it. Can you add some fancy digital signature to your releases to address this security flaw?
I was in the process of updating LiveUpdate to build 1044, a problem arrised that required immediate attention and resolution.

Because of this the file was not available for download, When the file isn't available a redirect to the main homepage occurs rather than a 404 error. Normally updates aren't handled this way but I was trying to get this update out ASAP.

We use digital signatures on our setup executable, however FlashFXP doesn't validate it, that's up to the end user.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:22 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

For those of you who downloaded 1043, I'm sorry but please upgrade to 1044. There is a flaw in the (View > Options) dialog that forces your site list menu to break at every 1 entry.

For those of you who have been effected by this issue please re-set "break menu at" back to zero "0".
Old 10-27-2004, 08:28 AM   #6
ugh

There's only a run update button in the Live Update window, and, as we all know, users have a habit of clicking the button without checking anything first (which is the main reason of the number of spyware/malware infected computers). Any chance you could add a signature verification routine to the LiveUpdate client in FlashFXP?

Also, this should perhaps be in suggestions..
ugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 10:16 AM   #7
J-J
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default Not possible to install?

Greetings,

I tried getting this version from liveupdate but it said that flashfxp wasn't installed in its original location. So i ran a flashfxp /setreg (and /repair) but it didn't change anything. So now i downloaded the version from customer portal but i get this when i run the update:

"No previous FlashFXP v3.0 installation found!"

Now i don't recall for sure, but i might have reinstalled windows without re-installing flashfxp. But still. Shouldn't the parameters fix this?

Advice needed :-)

/JJ

Windows XP All updates (incl. SP2)
FlashFXP v3.0 build 1028 (cause i'm unable to update )
J-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 03:30 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm not sure if "/repair" is available in 1028, I believe it was added a few build later. "/repair" would of resolved this problem.

Since you're a beta tester you can go to the portal and grab the latest beta release. Use "/repair" and then upgrade to 1044 or run LiveUpdate which should download the full setup in cases where no previous installation is detected.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:27 PM   #9
OngL
FlashFXP Beta Tester

As always. Great work... some of the improvements are what I have really waiting for.
OngL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:45 AM   #10
J-J
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Ok i will do that :-)

/JJ
J-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 06:57 AM   #11
NathanO
FlashFXP Registered User

Thanks for creating the bookmark site copy routine. Very much appreciated.

Good work on the method for converting the ftp status text to RTF too.

A very good release !

Thanks again !
NathanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 11:48 AM   #12
hivez
FlashFXP Beta Tester

worked fine here love the autoupdate feature
hivez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 06:18 PM   #13
MaZzA_2

Very good update
Thank you