Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

General Discussion Need help? Have a problem? Let us help you. Bug reports and feature requests should be made using the Bug Tracker or Feature Tracker

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
Whiskey

Default Pause after each file

I'm getting a 5-6 second pause after each file transfer and directory listing request. This is a new install of the latest version and I've never encountered this problem in previous versions. Obviously this makes for long transfers when dealing with many small files.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Please post a copy of the ftp session log. With timestamps enabled.

I imagine the delay is on the server side since FlashFXP doesn't doesn't on purpose.

The ftp session log will give us the answers.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:17 AM   #3
BitBasher
FlashFXP Registered User

I just updated to 3.4, and I got this delay too.

It turns out it was PASV mode. The ftp server I was connecting to doesn't support PASV, but it seems that when this newer version of FlashFXP attempts to establish a PASV connection, it takes a LONG time for it to finally give up and switch back to port? mode.

The older version of FlashFXP I was using (to the same server) does NOT have this problem.

For now, my workaround is to manually turn off PASV mode on connections that don't support it - auto-PASV isn't cutting it. :P

Bit.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #4
Seome
Inicom Networks Support
Ultimate Scripter

The old version of FlashFXP failed to connect when PASV mode did not work. The new version automatically retries in PORT mode when this failure occurs. From what I understand FlashFXP should remember this and not try PASV connections again when this has happened but I have seen a few session logs where this is not the case. This whole try/fail/retry takes several seconds for each file/listing. You can stop this from occurring by unchecking "use passive mode" in the site manager for the sites Option tab.

If you have a session log of this occurring please send it to support@inicom.net so we can document it.
Closed Thread

Tags
file, makes, pause, problem, versions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: