Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Custom Commands Download, share, or get help creating your own.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 06:23 AM   #1
graham.ranson1
FlashFXP Registered User

/queue [-f | -d] <source> [target]

That sounds interesting. So would that allow me to generate a queue of files to download without having to know the file sizes?

What I am trying to do is this:

There is an ftp site with over 400 directories, each containing 1000 files numbered sequentially, ie. /dir1/001001.ext /dir99/099001.ext ... etc.
I have a list of the numbered files that I want to download that are spread out throughout the 400+ directories.
To actually go to each directory and add a few files to the queue would be a nightmare.
I can easily write a queue file (externally - Delphi) but that way I need to know the file sizes (I think - correct me if I'm wrong).
I can write a batch file the same way to use the command line. But that would mean FlashFXP stopping and starting a LOT of times.
It would be much better if I could write a queue file without needing to know the file sizes in advance.

Unless I've got something wrong this sounds like what I need.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham.ranson1 View Post
/queue [-f | -d] <source> [target]
What I am trying to do is this:
Either method would work, though I think generating the queue file externally would probably be the best method.

As for the file size, you should be able to get away with defining it as 0 in the queue file.

This command macro does not define the size for remote files and I haven't seen any problems with this, though further testing may be needed to determine if there are some unexpected side effects from this.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:48 PM   #3
graham.ranson1
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
As for the file size, you should be able to get away with defining it as 0 in the queue file.
Ah, that sounds like it's worth a try. That would be ideal for what I want to do.
Thank you very much.

In fact thank you for FlashFXP, I love it. I had tried v4 but found it rather slow for small files (what I tend to be using most of the time). I recently noticed that you had released v5 and tried it again - and bought it! It is so much faster now. Great work.

Edit: Excellent! Made a queue file in Delphi using "0" for file size, worked perfectly. You can actually see the file size being filled in in the queue window as it starts to download the file.

Last edited by graham.ranson1; 03-09-2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: updated info.
Closed Thread