Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 719 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Win+M removes FlashFXP from taskbar Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.2 stable

Sleavely
05-28-2012, 02:45 AM
Win+M removes FlashFXP from taskbar

My setup
I'm running FlashFXP 4.2.3 (build 1771) on Windows 7 Professional. I have two screens and often find myself with more than 20 open windows (and 4~ FlashFXP ones).

Because it quickly gets confusing with 20-ish windows open, I tend to minimize all of them by pressing Win+M and then open up the window that I want at that particular moment.

The issue
FlashFXP disappears from the taskbar and appears as an odd mini-window that I cant click to restore (unless I right-click and press "Restore").

Normal "minimize window" click

Win+M
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Re: Win+M removes FlashFXP from taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for your bug report.

What video card do you use?
What is the version # of the video card driver?

Do you use any special configuration in your video settings or 3rd party application to control the behavior of the way applications behave when minimized or restored?

I attempted to reproduce this behavior on Windows 7 64bit but was unsuccessful, I'm not sure if this is due to my hardware or software configuration.

This issue occurs because FlashFXP uses a hidden window to control the application, the external application restoring the FlashFXP window incorrectly restores the hidden application window instead of the main window for FlashFXP.

I tested using Win+M, as well as a couple 3rd party applications but was not able to reproduce the behavior you are experiencing.
Sleavely
05-28-2012, 07:48 AM

D'oh. I completely forgot that I'm using DisplayFusion for some dual-screen features. It "helps" minimize windows because it adds a fake taskbar and stuff if you have that enabled. I'll try disabling the "helper" and let you know if it still goes boom.

Edit: Hehehe, works like a charm.
Sorry about the trouble.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-28-2012, 11:03 AM

Please try this dev build, I made some changes to the window handling behavior and this should improve or completely resolve the problem.

http://www.flashfxp.com/testr/ffxp4.2.3.1774.zip

Unzip the FlashFXP.exe into your FlashFXP program folder.

Please let me know how this works for you.
Sleavely
05-29-2012, 12:54 AM

Works like a charm. Thanks!
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-29-2012, 11:13 AM

Thanks for testing and letting me know that the issue is now fixed.

We will incorporate these changes into the next public release.