Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 1127 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Large transfers drastically expand the trees Status: Pending (Under Review)
Severity: Minor Version: 5.x

trombocit
11-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Large transfers drastically expand the trees

When trying to transfer many files and folders, FXP visually expands all transferred folders, but once it's done, the remote tree stays overly expanded which is not the desired behavior. It should restore the tree state exactly as it was before.
Is this behavior from the beginning or it wasn't like that?

Also, not for here, but when transferring large number of files over FTPS (Explicit), it frequently seems to lose connection and the log stays at Failed to transfer XXXX.XXX for few seconds before reconnecting and continuing.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
11-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Re: Large transfers drastically expand the trees

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Yes this behavior has always been this way.

Otherwise it would require save/restore the state of the items being expanded/collapsed which is not a standard process.
trombocit
11-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Re: Large transfers drastically expand the trees

Thanks for replying.
Otherwise I would have been eager to ask why is it necessary to touch the tree (and the list is also constantly "flashing" as new items are being created/transferred) when transferring the folders instead of just do it internally using buffers etc..
What if I want to do other things meanwhile - normally file transfers will continue in another thread/connection, and in other clients I could just continue to browse the FTP separate from the background transfers/queue.

Edit: Oh I see, there is no "connection saver" or anything like that that would allow simultaneous background transfers and normal site browsing as in all other clients. This is a no-go for me, despite all the good interface advantages. Actually I find FXP the most comfortable ftp client to use, but these few problems are plaguing it, also the speed limitation with gigabit internet connections as stated in the other thread. This is sad, really.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket