Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 1063 Category: Functionality
Title: Is this possible ??? Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: 5.x

mitch
08-17-2015, 10:57 PM
Is this possible ???

Hello,

Here is a great feature which im not sure its its available yet.....

I generally have flashfxp open on a monitor, on the other monitor i generally use explorer to go through and find directories that i was to ftp across to flashfxp.... normal procedure is to click and drag to the window and let it begin ftping...

Whilst this is ok.... i think having a right click context menu option with some available options would be great also.

Hence in Windows 10 for example i right click the directory i want to ftp, in context menu i see flash fxp options and it automatically queues and transfers in the active flashfxp connection....

I see this being useful because on a dual monitor display the time it takes to right click and select is quicker than click and drag to the other side of the screen on monitor 2

Anyway just a thought, hope you understand the workflow above
DayCuts
11-11-2015, 07:00 AM
Re: Is this possible ???

This should be easy to do by yourself with the proper combination of command line switches (such as -id, -single, etc... check help file). Note that -id and -single would likely be necessary to avoid many potential issues. For example the idea of it using the active session does not work because if windows explorer is seen as active then flashfxp is not (even if it is visible).

The following link should get you started with creating custom handlers: http://www.howtogeek.com/107965/how-...-context-menu/

WARNING: Modifying the registry can be disastrous, especially if you are unfamiliar with doing so, so proceed with caution. Modifying or deleting the wrong things CAN cause major issues and/or prevent your system from booting into windows at all (requiring you to use system restore). If you feel competant enough with proceeding then I highly recommend creating a new restore point before you being just to be safe and when you have things set up and working the way you want them be sure create both install AND uninstall .reg files so that the changes you make can be quickly and easily added/removed as necessary.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket