Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 270 Category: N/A
Title: Request: Omit Hidden Files/Firefox Plugin Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: N/A

jesman0
04-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Request: Omit Hidden Files/Firefox Plugin

I would like to request that a new option be implemented; Omit Hidden Files. When i create content on a mac and transfer it to a PC there are many hidden files that come along with it. When I upload the folder, the hidden (and quite useless to PC's) files are transferred along with it. This causes unnecessary transfer delays.

I noticed when digging through the options for an Omit Hidden File check box that there was a Internet Explorer plug-in. I would like to request a Firefox Plug-in. I think this would be handy when accessing some Unix or Linux servers that seem to have issues with Browser FTP requests. Microsoft servers do a much better job with Browser FTP requests and FlashFXP does everything with such ease.

Overall, I love FlashFXP and recommend it to anyone that requires an FTP client.
Super Duper
MxxCon
04-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Re: Request: Omit Hidden Files/Firefox Plugin

If you want to see those hidden files, but don't want to transfer them, add those files to flashfxp's skiplist.
If you don't want to see them either: F6, Connection, List Method, Default.

there is no need for a firefox plugin because you can configure firefox naively to launch ftp:// links in flashfxp.
IE does not have such option, hence requires a plugin.