Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1141 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 5.4

Junior Member
Freesky
03-21-2017, 04:35 AM
Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

When the folder name contains "胜", "鲁" and other Chinese characters, Flashfxp appears as garbled and inaccessible. As shown in the screenshot.

I have tried to replace a variety of FTP server software, I also tried to adjust the Flashfxp site character encoding, but the problem remains the same.

FlashFXP version 5.4.3966

Operating System version: WinXP,Win7 x86, Win2008R2 x64

Screenshot:


Log:
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-22-2017, 02:41 PM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

Did you set the character encoding in the site profile to UTF-8?

Is it possible that the FTP server doesn't support UTF-8?

You might need to try each character encoding in FlashFXP until you find one that works correctly, and make sure to disconnect and then re-connect to after changing the setting.
Junior Member
Freesky
03-22-2017, 09:48 PM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
Did you set the character encoding in the site profile to UTF-8?

Is it possible that the FTP server doesn't support UTF-8?

You might need to try each character encoding in FlashFXP until you find one that works correctly, and make sure to disconnect and then re-connect to after changing the setting.
I have tried to replace a variety of FTP server software, I also tried to adjust the Flashfxp site character encoding, but the problem remains the same.

As shown in the screenshot (site character encoding for the UTF-8), not for all Chinese characters are shown as garbled, but for some Chinese characters or contain a combination of some Chinese characters show garbled.

Use the same FTP server software to build the FTP server, create a folder containing the same Chinese character name, use the same site character encoding settings, FlashFxp 4.4.2 version shows normal, only in the 5.x version will be displayed as Garbled.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-23-2017, 09:04 PM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

If FlashFXP v4.x shows normal then the text isnt UTF-8 encoded at all, Did you try using the "System Locale" encoding this should be comparable to the results from v4.x.

Would it be possible to send me a private message with the FTP server details and a test account?

I can investigate and find the right combination for you.
Junior Member
Freesky
03-25-2017, 10:46 PM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
If FlashFXP v4.x shows normal then the text isnt UTF-8 encoded at all, Did you try using the "System Locale" encoding this should be comparable to the results from v4.x.

Would it be possible to send me a private message with the FTP server details and a test account?

I can investigate and find the right combination for you.
FTP server software uses the character encoding for Windows Simplified Chinese version of the operating system default character encoding "936 (ANSI / OEM - Simplified Chinese GBK)".

I have tried using the "System Locale" encoding, but still show garbled. I found in the FlashFXP v4.x version of the "Site Manager" → "Character Encoding" settings to provide ANSI encoding support, but not in the v5.x version. Does the v5.x version no longer support ANSI encoding? Is it because the v5.x version no longer supports ANSI encoding, so even if the use of "System Locale" encoding will still show as garbled?

I am sorry, I can not provide the Internet FTP server for testing. But you can try to use Xlight FTP server software in the Windows Simplified Chinese version of the operating system to build FTP server, and the use of the system default encoding, you can restore the situation I described. Of course, if the FTP server is forced to UTF-8 character encoding, the display is normal.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-26-2017, 06:52 AM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

Quote:
Does the v5.x version no longer support ANSI encoding?
Starting with version 5.0 FlashFXP uses Unicode for rendering all text displayed and ANSI code pages are converted to Unicode.

I have a VM setup with Win10 Simplified Chinese and I tested Xlight FTP running with the stock configuration and in FlashFXP I needed to change the Character Encoding to "Chinese Simplified (GBK/GB2312)" to get the text to display correctly.

In Xlight FTP they have UTF8 turned off by default in the server configuration, I would recommend turning it on as well as using UTF8 in FlashFXP for the best results. Having UTF-8 off in my opinion is a very bad decision.

One possibility did cross my mind after reviewing your initial post and your screenshot, It is possible that some folders are using the locale code page and the rest are UTF8, mixing the two, if this is in fact the case can lead to all sorts of issues down the road.
Junior Member
Freesky
03-26-2017, 07:41 AM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
Starting with version 5.0 FlashFXP uses Unicode for rendering all text displayed and ANSI code pages are converted to Unicode.

I have a VM setup with Win10 Simplified Chinese and I tested Xlight FTP running with the stock configuration and in FlashFXP I needed to change the Character Encoding to "Chinese Simplified (GBK/GB2312)" to get the text to display correctly.

In Xlight FTP they have UTF8 turned off by default in the server configuration, I would recommend turning it on as well as using UTF8 in FlashFXP for the best results. Having UTF-8 off in my opinion is a very bad decision.

One possibility did cross my mind after reviewing your initial post and your screenshot, It is possible that some folders are using the locale code page and the rest are UTF8, mixing the two, if this is in fact the case can lead to all sorts of issues down the road.
In the Xlgiht FTP server settings I did not open UTF-8, because Microsoft's IE browser built-in FTP client on the UFT-8 Chinese code support is not good, and my FTP server is mainly used in the internal network, a large number of the ordinary users are using Microsoft's IE browser built-in FTP client to access, and only some high-level users are used FlashFXP to access,I must ensure that both access are normal.

In addition, all the folders in the screenshot are created and named in Windows Explorer using standard new folder operations. The problem of the character encoding mix should not be man-made. In version v5.x, even if I use the "Chinese Simplified (GBK / GB2312)" character encoding to access, there will still be the same results on the screenshot.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-26-2017, 12:46 PM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

I will send you private message with something you can try to help us diagnose the problem.
Junior Member
Freesky
03-28-2017, 08:32 AM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
I will send you private message with something you can try to help us diagnose the problem.
I sent a total of two e-mails to you, with the titles "View Raw Directory File" and "[v5.x] View Raw Directory File", where the attachment entitled "View Raw Directory File" contains v4 .x version of View Raw Directory File.


Need me to send it again?
Junior Member
Freesky
03-28-2017, 09:03 AM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

My first bug report the log screenshot are not from Xlight FTP server software.Now I am using Xlight FTP server software, re-screenshots as follows:

Junior Member
Freesky
03-29-2017, 04:09 AM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

In order to prevent the mail is filtered, I uploaded the V4.X and V5.X version of the View Raw Directory file to the BitSend File Transfer site, the download link is as follows:

V4.X version View Raw Directory file download link:

https://srv08.bitsend.jp/download/d2...tml?setLang=en


V5.X version View Raw Directory file download link

https://srv08.bitsend.jp/download/d5...tml?setLang=en
Junior Member
Freesky
03-29-2017, 04:52 AM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

I have tried other FTP server software, in the Windows Simplified Chinese version of the operating system environment, do not open UTF8 character encoding, only the use of the system default character encoding, v5.x version is always displayed as garbled, and in the V4.X version There is no problem. I think this is not related to whether or not to use Xlight FTP software.

Is it possible to analyze and deal with it again?
Junior Member
Freesky
03-30-2017, 11:11 AM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

Test version crash info download link:

https://srv06.bitsend.jp/download/99...tml?setLang=en
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Re: Flashfxp shows some Chinese characters are garbled and inaccessible

[FOLLOW UP and SOLUTION]

After working on this issue directly via private messages we've come up with a solution to the problem.

The problem is that the character encoding test we use to detect UTF-8 gives false positives when the character encoding is Simplified Chinese GHK.

The solution we came up with was to add a new per site option to bypass the UTF-8 detection test, and named this new setting "Strict character encoding", when this option is checked the UTF-8 detection is bypassed and the user selected character encoding is used. Any text not using the user defined character encoding may fail to decode and lead to garbled text.

Since this relies exclusively on a specific character encoding being selected by the user this setting is not available with some character encodings.

Specifically this option is not available when "Use global settings", "Auto-detect", "System Locale", "UTF-8", or "ISO_8859_1" are selected. The first 5 choices in the Character Encoding dropdown. This is because they use system and/or simplified methods for conversion which may or may not bypass our complex character encoding/decoding library.

This new setting will be available in FlashFXP v5.4 build 3970 and up.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket


Posting Rules
You may not post new tickets

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.

Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)