Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 419 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: File Transfer Rules Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 4.0

MHJ
12-11-2010, 08:04 AM
File Transfer Rules

Hello,

I noticed a bug when using 2 clients at the same time transferring the same files via FXP from 1 or more ftp to another. I attached a screenshot of the settings i did in the File Transfer Rules.

Detailed description:

First, we have FTP A on the left side of the FlashFXP-Window and FTP B on the right side in client 1. Now i open client 2. On the left side i open FTP C and on the right side i also open FTP B. Now i start to send some files in client 1 from FTP A to FTP B. Let's assume i have a total of 50 files to transfer. After transferring 25 of them i start the fxp transfer of the exact same files that are also on FTP C to FTP B. Now what happens is that those files are simply overwritten, ignoring the file skip rule completly.

Note: The fxp transfer in client 1 is NOT paused or stopped while i start the transfer in client 2.

Bottom line is that all files that were already transferred with client 1 are now transferred again with client 2, overwriting the files on FTP B, in case the files are allowed to overwrite on that particular ftp.

This bug does NOT happen if i just use 1 instance of FlashFXP!

In Detail:

I transfer those 50 files from any FTP to FTP B, i close FlashFXP, i open it again, i try to fxp the same files once again, they all get skipped due to the given fxp rule on the screenshot.

I also noticed a side bug in those settings:

When i change the On Transfer error tab to anything else but Resume and hit OK, close FlashFXP and start it again, go to the settings, it is changed back to Resume.

Edit:

In case it is important, i changed everything on the tab Preserve File Date to DISABLED
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Re: File Transfer Rules

I tested this scenario multiple times and unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the problem.

What exact build of v4.0 are you using? Which installer did you use normal, portable or u3?

Can you please verify that you do not have any per-site transfer rules defined for either of the sites.

Quote:
When i change the On Transfer error tab to anything else but Resume and hit OK, close FlashFXP and start it again, go to the settings, it is changed back to Resume.
Are your other settings being saved on restart? I was not able to reproduce this either.
MHJ
12-11-2010, 02:17 PM

i am using v4.0.0 Build 1510 final portable of the product.
there is only a global skiplist setup in place no site specific.

the bug with the skiplist setup was not reproducable for me aswell now, but it was there before and now somehow it's gone. maybe it only happens on rare cases?

the other thing was re-tested and now it's saved correctly, maybe the problem occured because i had at least 2 instances opened when i set it up and therefore not saved correctly.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-11-2010, 02:33 PM

I'm not really sure but I am looking into this issue.

If it was a problem saving the data files an error message should of been displayed.
MHJ
12-20-2010, 02:13 PM

today the problem appeared again, so it can not always be reproduced, it happens by coincidence. v4.0.0 Build 1513 already in use (portable).

i was using fxp on some files with 2 clients from ftp a+b to ftp c and in the end of the queue 2 files were overwritten by the second client.

a wild guess:

could it have something to do with the feature in Options->Preferences...->General-> Auto save queue on change ? as i understand it this saves the queue file instantly if (lets say for example) a file was transferred and gets removed from the queue. now if that happens on 1 client, it's still there on the second client. you get my drift?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-28-2010, 01:02 AM

The queue file isn't automatically reloaded by other instances of FlashFXP.

If multiple instances of FlashFXP are using the same queue they will treat it as its own.

The auto save on change isn't instant, its only saved to disk every few minutes rather than real-time, you'd need to do a manual save to get a current copy saved to disk.

Perhaps a copy of the ftp session log for the site where the file is overwritten might be helpful.