Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1085 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Task bar blinking Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 5.2

qin
12-03-2015, 04:27 AM
Task bar blinking

Hi,

I just updated FlashFXP to latest version 5.2.0 (3900) and I noticed an annouying new "feature": When I transfer a file while the FlashFXP window looses focus, the FlashFXP task bar button starts to blink with an infinite loop. This wasn't like this in the version I previously used (5.x). I didn't find any option to disable this. So if there's no such an option I kindly request that this blinking would be removed in the next version. This surely is very annoying.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-03-2015, 05:07 AM
Re: Task bar blinking

Please check the following option and if it is checked then uncheck it and see if this stops the flashing taskbar that you're referring to.

From the main menu > Options > Preferences, then from the Preferences dialog Transfer > Options

uncheck [ ] Flash window on transfer complete

qin
12-03-2015, 05:46 AM

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately this doesn't solve the problem The taskbar keeps flashing infinitelly no matter if that checkbox checked or not.

I'm Using Windows 7 64bit.

Edit: The window shadows blinks as well (like automaticallity switching between active and inactive state). The blinking will end only when I re-focus the window.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-03-2015, 06:08 AM

I am not sure what is triggering this behavior even more strange, I am not able to reproduce it on my Windows 7 x64 dev machine.

What type of transfer is it, upload, download, site to site? and does it matter?

How are you starting the transfer, is it by drag/drop, or clicking the "transfer queue" button, or right-clicking on a file and selecting transfer?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-03-2015, 06:14 AM

Also does the "confirm file replace" dialog come up confirming overwrite/resume/etc ?
qin
12-03-2015, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
I am not sure what is triggering this behavior even more strange, I am not able to reproduce it on my Windows 7 x64 dev machine.

What type of transfer is it, upload, download, site to site? and does it matter?

How are you starting the transfer, is it by drag/drop, or clicking the "transfer queue" button, or right-clicking on a file and selecting transfer?
I switched back to version 5.1.0 and the problem disappeared.

In 5.2.0 the problem occurs of at least while i uploaded a file with double-enter key (1st to start transfer, 2nd to apply file override), then - while transfering - quickly change focus to another program. The infine blinking starts when file transfer is over.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-03-2015, 06:31 AM

I believe I have found the issue.

When the file exists confirmation dialog appears, if FlashFXP isn't the active it will flash the window+taskbar to notify the user, however it appears that the flashing is delayed, using the double enter plus switching to another app is probably just enough time for flashfxp to realize its no longer active and the flashing is triggered but by now perhaps the file exists dialog is already closed.

Give me a few and I will link a test build for you
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-03-2015, 06:40 AM

Please try this update it should resolve the problem you noticed

https://www.flashfxp.com/testr/dev-b....2.0.3900b.zip

Just unzip the flashfxp.exe into your FlashFXP program folder overwriting the existing flashfxp.exe program file.
qin
12-03-2015, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
Please try this update it should resolve the problem you noticed

https://www.flashfxp.com/testr/dev-b....2.0.3900b.zip

Just unzip the flashfxp.exe into your FlashFXP program folder overwriting the existing flashfxp.exe program file.
Yes, this one seems to work OK! Thanks!