Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1076 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Possible bug, cannot access remote url when connecting via SFTP Status: Closed (Not a bug)
Severity: Medium Version: 5.2

mitch
09-29-2015, 10:02 AM
Possible bug, cannot access remote url when connecting via SFTP

Possible bug,

When trying to connect to ftp via SFTP protocol and you want to login into a ftp with /remote path set. It will not connect to the directory. Only connects to root.

When doing the same thing but change SFTP to FTP it will auto connect successfully to the remote url path eg /public_html/
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Re: Possible bug, cannot access remote url when connecting via SFTP

I am not entirely sure I understand, can you please include a copy of the session log.

SFTP and FTP are two entirely different types of file transfer protocols, you don't connect to FTP via SFTP.

Are you referring to the default remote path set for the site profile?

The paths might be different on FTP compared to SFTP because they are entirely different the folder structure and virtual root might not be identical.

Setting the remote path via the site profile works for SFTP and FTP, if it isn't working for you maybe there is something wrong with the path you set or something specific to your configuration and/or server?
mitch
09-29-2015, 06:10 PM

Here is a small video i created will illustrate it better maybe your right its either the protocol or something else... but it would be good to be able to get into the remote path url if at all possible... especially in my scenario im using it for uploading screenshots to public_html and id rather connect and transmit via sftp than normal ftp.

http://youtu.be/XABRh-JPprM?hd=1
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-29-2015, 06:41 PM

I just watched the video and I was right with the path being different for SFTP

The remote path when connecting to the server using SFTP should be /home/screenshotsmenko/public_html/

And the path when connecting using FTP is /public_html/

This is because the FTP server is returning the public_html folder relative to your home folder and SFTP server is not.

This configuration is typical of many web hosting providers.
mitch
09-29-2015, 07:47 PM

Ok, so while its not a bug is it something that can be done in a compatible way ? like if SFTP is selected it will automatically look at the relative direct from home ? or maybe that just cannot be done ?

So for now i should be able to manually put in the full home directory in remote path and it should work ?