Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 746 Category: General / Unknown
Title: File/Dir selection becomes invalid Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.2 stable

Too much time...
Yil
07-17-2012, 02:00 AM
File/Dir selection becomes invalid

In 4.2.4.1785 select a directory and execute a command that deletes the directory (i.e. site wipe %f). Upon completion a refreshed directory listing is shown with a new directory highlighted, but if you attempt to execute the custom command again Flash sends 'site wipe %f' without substituting the directory. Selecting another dir and then going back to the orginal one and executing the command will then work correctly.

You can select multiple entries originally and delete a block of dirs, and when done the same number of dirs will be highlighted in the refreshed listing and all will fail. I'm pretty sure old behavior would keep entries that didn't get deleted highlighted and if all were then only the default one would be highlighted and not the same number but different dirs...

Oh, and the transfer queue estimate not right if you expand dirs, but you might have fixed that in the latest unicode betas. Haven't tried those...
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Re: File/Dir selection becomes invalid

Hey Yil,

The file list browser is a ListView with owner-data mode active. Which in my opinion can be a royal pain to work with, especially when working with multiple item selection. The item selection state is maintained within our internal item object list and kept in sync with the visual control.

When the content of internal list changes we set the item count of the ListView to zero followed by the the new count. by setting the count to zero first we clear any existing item selection states in the ListView control.

We've had a few reports from customers where it would appear that the item selection state isn't staying in sync between the internal list and visual list, however we've been unable to determine exactly why this is happening.

I've come up with a way to reproduce the problem as you described in your bug report. Please give me some time to figure out what went wrong and I will reply with a test build as soon as I get it solved.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-17-2012, 11:21 AM
Re: File/Dir selection becomes invalid

This dev build should resolve the problem.

I did several tests where I added, removed and renamed folders and after refreshing the item selection state appears to be correct. If you find a situation where the problem still exists please let me know.

http://www.flashfxp.com/testr/dev-bu...4.2.4.1798.zip
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket