Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 99 Category: N/A
Title: !ghost login Status: Closed (Discarded)
Severity: Minor Version: N/A

jcony
01-13-2008, 12:03 PM
!ghost login

Ability to hold a key down while connecting to a site from the site manager/favorite list in order to get a ! in front of login would be nice. It is a pain to update the site manger to clear the ghost login and then edit it again after a successful login. Not implemented as far as I am aware
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Re: !ghost login

At first I thought this feature was defunct, I know it used to exist but I didn't think it was still in the current code base.

Guess what, I was wrong.

Hold down the shift key while clicking the site entry and it will prefix your login with "!" to kill ghost logins.

I have a feeling that this features days might be numbered.

To everyone reading this post, if you use this feature please let me know by replying to this post.
DayCuts
01-14-2008, 09:56 AM

I personally dont use the shift-ghost feature, as i didnt know it existed, but ghosting yourself off a server is certainly a useful server-side feature (i wish more of them supported it).

Is this keyboard shortcut documented, i dont see it in the helpfile? otherwise id have to say most people probably dont know it exists so you'd be unlikely to get too many replies from people saying they use it all the time.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-14-2008, 03:10 PM

This was one of those undocumented features that were kinda in limbo depending on if many ftp servers adopted it.

It was never an official feature so it wasn't documented in the help file.
DayCuts
01-14-2008, 06:19 PM

Ah, makes sense.

Personally i have not come across many windows-gui based ftp servers that support the ! ghosting prefix during login. For the most part this server-side feature exists in the script/non-gui based daemons. I think raidenftpd supports it (as a gui based example), i can not recall if ioftpd has ever supported it (as another windows server), but i believe many nix/bsd servers such as glftpd, pureftpd, proftpd, drftpd (optional mod i think) support it.

It is useful but i think you are right and very few mainstream windows ftp servers have decided to implement it.
andlommy
01-26-2008, 07:22 PM

useful feature, will use it, DEFINITELY keep it...didn't know it existed, but now when i do - very very handy at times