Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 443 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Constant Hanging After 30 dl/ul Status: Closed (Discarded)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.0

MATTC09
02-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Constant Hanging After 30 dl/ul

Flash FXP constantly hangs especially on slower connections which causes you to have to abort and re upload. Most of the time this happens while editing a file and causes me to loose my work. It didn't do this in past versions. Alot of times hitting abort while call up a blank page. Then at that point you have to exit and reopen Flash FXP because it will not View or Edit any files. Please fix this its frustrated me alot.

Computer Details:
Windows 7 SP1 Build 7601
Toshiba Satellite L455

Thanks
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Re: Constant Hanging After 30 dl/ul

What specific build of FlashFXP v4.0 are you using?
X3
02-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Re: Constant Hanging After 30 dl/ul

mind the Windows Service pack may have impact since its still not a final product and is VERY buggy on most test I conducted. Essentially W7 sp1 introduces some changes besides being a rollup of bug fixes these features are buggy and interact with installed software.

Common sense dictates you cant expect:

A) everything to be 100% bug free

B) Cant expect when testing Beta OS components that results are similar to stable release.

C) should NOT report bugs on software installed unless it can be reproduced with beta or RC OS service packs removed or never installed.

I have been testing against many of these bug reports with stable OS 32/64 bit XP/vista/W7 and I conclude the vast majority is due to user error.

Result of tests, cannot reproduce FlashFXP 4.0 build 1525~1535 limited my wan connection to 256Kbps both upload and download for flashFXP. This is slow enough

This one falls in that category.

Time wasted on tests 20 Hours

Price per hour I would charge for any of my professional services usually would be £100/£200 hour depending on expertise/skills used.

Price charged £0

Advice to developer, close bug reports were user has not come back within say 2 weeks to be generous with more required information. And explain why bug was closed,and mark it as invalid.