Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 748 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Local Browsing on network fileserver problem / wrong folder/files are chosen Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.2 stable

benjamin3
07-17-2012, 02:44 AM
Local Browsing on network fileserver problem / wrong folder/files are chosen

using latest 1796 build i thought i would be drunk today, im just using ffxp at the moment to browse some windows fileserver in my office and ffxp doesnt go in the folder i choose, it sometimes chooses something else in the same directory. e.g. if there's some .xls file in it and i choose really the folder in the directory listing suddenly the .xls file is opened. this happens in every folder, i thought i would be drunk today ;-) , also it tried to open thumbs.db file .

i try to show via screenshots :

it's reproducable all the time. it seems it always takes the last file in the folder and suddenly open this. it seems to trigger. you enter directory it works, you go back , enter again that directory and suddenly the last file is opened..

it happens not in every folder, but also instead of the last file , if there's some folder it also takes this folder...

e.g. you pick the first folder in some network folder and you enter, go back and enter same folder again and it jumps to the last folder.

it doenst happen on local harddisk, perhaps it has something to do with caching or something ? not sure..

funny?
benjamin3
07-17-2012, 02:49 AM
Re: Local Browsing on network fileserver problem / wrong folder/files are chosen

as told it's also issueing on folders.. here some example ... the first folder in my network folder (windows fileshare) is 3COM :

if you enter.. you are in 3COM , you go back , re-enter and it jumps below to that Yamaha direct into it...

im not drunk!

again : it's not issueing if you local harddisk browse.. i only have this on windows fileshares , but also not in "every" folder... that's quite strange..
benjamin3
07-17-2012, 02:51 AM
Re: Local Browsing on network fileserver problem / wrong folder/files are chosen

the lesser files/folder you have in some folder the more it issues.. now i have some folder with 6 folders at all. im not able to enter the first folder, it always jumps into the last folder directly...

funny?

if i enter the 2nd folder it works to enter the 2nd folder..

hm ?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-17-2012, 02:03 PM

Please try this dev build and let me know if the problem still exists

http://www.flashfxp.com/testr/dev-bu...4.2.4.1798.zip

There was an issue with the way the "Parent Directory" was being interpreted and it's possible that these folders on the network share were treated as the "Parent Directory"

BTW what OS/software is the network fileserver?

I've heard of some oddities with some network shares but never been able to reproduce them in any of my test beds.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-17-2012, 06:46 PM

I am going to go out on a limb and say that this issue still exists..

I was doing some unrelated transfer tests when out of the blue this very same issue was triggered, sadly it caught me off guard as I wasn't expecting it and now I can't seem to reproduce it.

I will need to do some more testing to figure out what is going on.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Please try this updated dev build, I made a few additional changes and I am unable to reproduce the issue, but then again I was only able to reproduce it twice.

http://www.flashfxp.com/testr/dev-bu...4.2.5.1801.zip
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket