Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 735 Category: General / Unknown
Title: During active transfer of multiple files, a on the fly marking of files changes itself Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 4.2 stable

benjamin3
07-01-2012, 06:51 AM
During active transfer of multiple files, a on the fly marking of files changes itself

if you transfer many files and if the next file begans to transfer and exactly in that moment when you mark multiple files e.g. hold STRG and go down with cursor then accidentally if you hold everything and the next file start to transfer then from your selection one file is cut off , everyxtime reproducable ;-)

another thing : i would love to have an option somewhere to mark in "options" that if editing the queue and pressing DEL then not only one file can be deleted, everytime i have to use the cursor because after pressing DEL im not able to DEL the next file. sometimes this (it worked in past versions!) is helpful if you browse with cursors in the queue and want to delete few items with fast using DEL button on your keyboard.

i also would like to have the possibility to EDIT file/folder destinations if using server search and not only have option to say "add to queue" , explain better : you execute in root some server file search and the found items you want to be in different destiantion folders, i would like to have that option instead of only choosing "add to queue", and sometimes you are not in the direct destiantion folder,

then it results in having to mark every queued item and again manually or multiple do "edit" , that would speed up things.

hope you know what i mean , otherwise i speak in pictures

regards
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Re: During active transfer of multiple files, a on the fly marking of files changes itself

If you do a multi-select delete and one of the selected items is a transfer currently in progress then we prevent the user from deleting this item, for the duration of the file transfer we need this item to exist and by allowing the user to delete it causes problems.

after the selected items are deleted the selection empty and the focused item becomes the item in the current position of the last item selected. In previous versions the focused item was also selected and is suspect this is what you are referring to, the reason this behavior changed is that we had users who were confused by this behavior and expected the selection to become empty after the delete operation.

If you wanted to delete multiple items one by one using the keyboard after deleting one item you need to select the next item, if the focused item is the one you want to delete pressing the spacebar key will select it or use the arrow keys to select the next item followed by the delete key.

As for the server file search, you can navigate the main browser window while the file search window is open, this allows you to change the destination location prior to queuing the file. Typically most users I've spoken to use the server file search window side-by-side with the main browser. If this method isn't practical for what you need then please create a new feature request ticket for this and we can go from there.