Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 872 Category: User Interface
Title: Seperate color schemes per site Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

Tidec
05-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Seperate color schemes per site

I just had 2 instances of FlashFXP open, each connected to a different site. I wasn't really paying attention and was switching back and forth between several browsers and programs, and managed to upload the index.php file from site1 to the directory of site2. Needless to say, website 2 stopped working normally, and I had to retrieve a backup.

I can not think of a new feature that could prevent such situations, but there is something at least would serve as a good warning sign : different color schemes for every site. It doesn't have to be much, setting a different background color alone would be sufficient. This color setting could be placed in the 'options' tab of the Site manager, and could use the same color system as already found in 'Preferences' -> 'Interface' -> 'Colors'. There is already a global background color setting in there though, wich might cause some confusion.
Tidec
05-17-2013, 07:22 AM
Re: Seperate color schemes per site

I'm sorry, something similar already has already been posted (and approved) here, and I only now saw it :

http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/tracke...cker_bugid=731

Random colors for each instance would suit me very well too.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Re: Seperate color schemes per site

Yes this feature and solution exists in the current release.

We've considered a few other ideas and implementations but thus far we haven't been able to come up with anything better. We welcome addition suggestions.

Its not really practical for us define a specific color per-site and this wont work very well when two servers are connected (left and right browsers). Have two completely different toolbars for left and right is very unattractive.

Changing the file listing background isn't very practical either because certain font text colors might not display well against certain background colors.