Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 184 Category: N/A
Title: Watched folders / sync Status: Pending (Under Review)
Severity: Minor Version: N/A

michael1
05-31-2008, 05:08 AM
Watched folders / sync

It would be cool if flashfxp supported watched folders combined with sync'ing to a remote host.

Let me illustrate an example here:
When i do some web development work, i sometimes edit some files locally that i want to be immediately uploaded when they have been changed, so i can rapidly do some quick testing.

So what i do now is open flashfxp, select the folder iam working with locally on the left side, connect to a remote ftp site on the right hand side.

After i have edited some files i have to manually upload them with flashfxp, it would be nice if it was posible to turn on some kind of "watched folder" feature so when flashfxp detects any changes to the files shown in the file list it auto uploads the changed files to the connected ftp site.

I know my development tools could probably support uploading on deployment, but i can see this being usefull even outside that specific case.

It could maybe even be based on the marked files feature instead, so you specify say 10 files that are marked that are tracked for changes, and uploaded if they are?

Just something i though of today, that would be a huge time saver, i absolutely love flashfxp even if it doesnt fit inside the vision of the program
Super Duper
MxxCon
05-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Re: Watched folders / sync

if you edit remote files, ffxp will detect they changed and prompt you to reupload them.
06-02-2008, 02:21 AM

Thats true, but that only works for a single file, which isnt the way i work, i might have a >300 file project open in say Visual Studio 2008, where i switch around files pretty often while doing smaller changes, what i want is a way for flashfxp to auto detect the files have changed and upload them without being prompted about it each time.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-05-2008, 06:20 AM

I will see if we can get this into the next version.
sw33t
08-22-2012, 08:53 AM

May I ask if there has been any progress on implementing such a feature?

Now I'm using winscp to do this but most certainly i'd like to stick to flashfxp

my idea would be this: if a watched folder is set then the program could check every x seconds-minutes (would be nice if this could be set) for changes in the subdirectories and files in them..

It would be really nice to have this implemented or something like this..
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-30-2012, 09:40 AM

I am still trying to work out all of the details on how this feature will work, I have lots of ideas but I am trying to narrow it down while keeping it as functional as possible.

I have not used the directory watch monitor in WinSCP so I do not know what it is capable of or even how it works. What is your opinion of the directory watch monitor in WinSCP? Is there anything you think ours needs to have, or anything we should do differently?
sw33t
09-04-2012, 06:03 AM

Hy,
What I'm mostly using winscp now is that im editing files locally which i'd like to be automatically be uploaded to a server.
So what I have in mind is that flashfxp should be able to watch a folder (and everything in i /i mean recursively checking subfolders also../) or selected file(s) for changes (size,last modification date etc) and upload it to the server if changes are detected.
Also it'd be nice if there would be a checkbox if flashfxp should also delete files/folders or just overwrite previous ones
I've also tonns of ideas im trying to work out something understandable and then get back to you It's real nice that you are keeping an eye on us
Thanks!!
snog.canavi
02-14-2013, 11:33 PM

Hi,

This might be a 2nd bump to this.

Yet it pointless to open up a new thread as there's already a note on that. Just saying that WINSCP is bugged out for me with Daylight Saving time // Computer Timer // Server Times which make my "compare" folder obsolete.

So i'm really looking forward this fonciton with FLASHFXP
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket