Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 1108 Category: Functionality
Title: Um This is 2016 Status: Open
Severity: Major Version: 5.x

TechnicolorMan
04-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Um This is 2016

I was a programmer for my entire career. I fail to understand why your application does not support drag and drop of data from a file manager. EVERY other application I have supports drag and drop but not yours. I want to open FlashXP, connect to my seedbox and then drag and drop folders from my file manager into the transfer window. However, you don't support it. Why? I am not sure I did the right thing in purchasing your product and will be looking at alternatives like FileZilla, etc. Maybe they are with the times. Seriously, add drag and drop support to your product!!!
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-27-2016, 11:15 AM
Re: Um This is 2016

Dropping a file from an external program to FlashFXP is supported.

Please don't take offense but as a fellow programmer you should know that sometimes not everything works as expected; whether its related to the system configuration or a software bug.

The question however is why isn't it working.. Well since I don't know anything about your system or FlashFXP configuration, or which file manager you're using its difficult to come to a specific conclusion.

However I will go out on a limb and say that perhaps its related to Windows process security. If one of the process is elevated, limited, or running as another user then you cannot drag/drop between it and another process which is running at different security level.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket