Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 458 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Unable to open Specified File Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Major Version: 4.0

Frees0ul
02-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Unable to open Specified File

I get this message every time I try to edit or view a file. This happens when I set the editor for php files to notepad++

"Unable to open Specified File"

I can confirm that notepad++ works on flashfxp 3.6, but not on version 4.
X3
02-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Re: Unable to open Specified File

not much detail on this report, I have no problem with any version of flashfxp 4.0 and notepad ++ in fact 3.6 never supported this feature.

I know I requested it late in 4.0 development.

In 4.0 you can define if a file is opened/edited by internal editor or external.

3.6 has no such option but 4.0 does.

so open up flashfxp 4.0 prefs>general>View and edit file

select pats for external editor and walla..

now on a bug report pls post more information and step by step how to reproduce so called bug...

major bug as well? wow.
02-27-2011, 08:24 AM

3.6 does have such an option! [Options --> File Associations), I have it working fine on this version.

In version 4 as I said I can set the file association but I get the error "Unable to open Specified File", not that I care anymore, i'm happy with version 3.6, I just reported the bug to make you guys aware. Do what you want with the report... or don't.
X3
02-27-2011, 09:15 AM

Hi

Im just a user like you giving you my feedback.... I have nothing to do with bug fixing or anything implied. As you see Im just user/beta tester.

However I was hoping that to make you aware of the 4,0 changes, I have a fully working notepad++ on 4,0 but you need to set it up as above. I can edit or view any file type no problems whatsoever on xp/vista/win7 32/64bit

can you please confirm that even after you set up the external viewer and file associations to notepad++, that this is still a problem?

file association works like you say in 3.6 However be aware if nothing matches the it uses what OS has defined.

Same happens to 4.0 except in 4.0 you have the facility to choose what editor you want and if file your editing is already associated with the program in this case notepadd++ you should be 100%

while your reporting a possible bug Im just letting you know as a user that it could be simply a set-up issue rather then a bug.

you could try to remove the association and re add it as well.

bare in mind please that I dont get paid for helping out here, I do it out of my spare time and would appreciate you help me help you, and for that more information is required.
02-27-2011, 09:54 AM

Hi there, I also tried your suggestion, I still get the same problem.
I'm running on windows 7 home premium 64bit and the latest flashfxp, not really much else I can report on this.
X3
02-27-2011, 10:59 AM

Here's my setup flashFXP 4.0 build 1540 and notepad 5.8.7 Im on win7 ultimate 64bit as ell but ive tested on vm against all oS's from xp up in 32bit and 64bit.

My ffxp external editor

http://img560.imageshack.us/i/prefs.png/

The file associations

http://img46.imageshack.us/f/assq.png/

The file masks and again external associated program

http://img832.imageshack.us/i/ass1.png/

And to make qudrupled sure that all files are associated with notepadd ++ this is it

http://img696.imageshack.us/i/nppass.png/

Now would you mind terribly to post yours exactly as you have it same screens and screenshots pls.
03-14-2011, 06:41 PM

Please try build 1548 and let me know if this problem still exists, I have installed notepad++ and I am currently not able to reproduce it using build 1548.