Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 869 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Writing 0 bytes away after onlin editing Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 4.3 stable

mgbbraak
05-10-2013, 02:34 AM
Writing 0 bytes away after onlin editing

Version 4.3.1 build 1951

I use FlashFXP for online editing. Last days I edit sometimes php files with the intern editor of FlashFXP and when done, it writes 0 bytes away. I contacted with One.com and they told me this must be a bug of FlashFXP as One.com does not have server problems.

I saw this on two different pc's.

Perhaps it is a bug. Perhaps it is a server problem.

I choise for category bug. But I have also a request. Please build in the option verify. That after save FlashFXP verify what is written to the ftp server. So that when online editing, after saving, verify the temp file, and when not written good, do it again.

Thanks!
hggomes
05-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Re: Writing 0 bytes away after onlin editing

Please update your FlashFXP to the latest version (4.3.1 build 1961) and confirm if the same happens.

I the meantime:

http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashf...e-posting.html
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-10-2013, 10:53 AM

I am not aware of any problems with this feature.

In order to better understand the exact situation it would be ideal to have a copy of the session status log, this would allow me to determine if the file is being uploaded as 0 bytes or if the transfer is failing, or if something else is going on.

Based on your information this leads me to believe that perhaps the auto upload is being triggered before the file is fully written to the disk, perhaps this is causing the 0 byte file transfers. After a quick review of the code I see a couple minor things that can be improved to help prevent this type of situation.

Give me a little time and I will reply back with a test build for you to try and see if my changes resolve the problem.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-10-2013, 11:25 AM

Please try this development build and let me know if the problem is now resolved.

Download: ffxp4.3.1.1963.zip
(Updated at 1:04PM CST, if you downloaded 1962 please try this update)

Unzip the flashfxp.exe into your FlashFXP program folder.

I agree that the remote edit feature could use some additional safe guards and we can look into adding them to future versions.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
05-10-2013, 03:40 PM

Download: ffxp4.3.1.1964.zip

Unzip the flashfxp.exe into your FlashFXP program folder.

(Another update to fix an unexpected text corruption issue)
mgbbraak
06-06-2013, 08:56 AM

I cannot download the given link.
It happend several times and today I lost an important script. SHIT PROGRAMM!!!
It happen when it is not login on ftp, I give the command edit the file and then FlashFXP write 0 bytes.
This must be fixed! Can I download old version of the programm?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-06-2013, 12:20 PM

My deep apology for your loss.

I have done my best to get this issue resolved as swiftly as possible, unfortunately your lack of cooperation has prevented us from resolving the problem in a timely manner.

We had asked you for additional information from regarding the problem that was vital to addressing the issue, since you did not provide this information our progress on this issue slowed to a crawl.

Fortunately another customer came forward with a similar problem and with their help we were able to resolve the problem for them... Now will our fix resolve the problem for you? I am not sure and I still don't fully understand your exact situation, I can only speculate as to what might be occurring. So maybe it will work, maybe not.

I do not keep obsolete development builds available for download longer than necessary, especially when newer builds are now available via the main download page on the website.

When submitting bug reports we don't ask for much, but the more information you provide the faster we can pin-point and isolate the problem and once we do this we can start working on a solution. Now when very little or no information is provided often times I can spend hours and sometimes days trying to reproduce a bug that could have taken less than an hour to find if more details were provided.

Now I ask you again, If you can provide the information we requested, most importantly is a copy of the session status log of when the problem occurred.
mgbbraak
06-07-2013, 08:11 AM

It happend again. Please realise my language is not English so for me it is sometimes difficult to understand.

Log:
[R] 257 "/leden/mijngegevens-avatar" is your current location
[R] TYPE A
[R] 200 TYPE is now ASCII
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (91,198,169,119,246,86).
[R] Openen van data verbinding ADRES: 91.198.169.119 POORT: 63062
[R] STOR 01-avatar-formulier.php
[R] 150 Accepted data connection
[R] 226 File successfully transferred
Upload: 01-avatar-formulier.php 0 bytes in 0,08 tweede (0,0 KB/s)
[R] PASV
[R] 227 Entering Passive Mode (91,198,169,119,248,52).
[R] Openen van data verbinding ADRES: 91.198.169.119 POORT: 63540
[R] MLSD
[R] 150 Accepted data connection
[R] 226-Options: -a -l
[R] 226 5 matches total
[R] Lijst voltooid: 578 bytes in 0,19 tweede (0,6 KB/s)

You see it upload 0 bytes
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-07-2013, 11:17 AM

Thank you for the log,

Please try this update and let me know if it resolves the problem
http://down1.opensightsoftware.com/F...1981_Setup.exe
mgbbraak
06-07-2013, 09:55 PM

Thanks. I will try and let you know.
mgbbraak
06-16-2013, 11:13 AM

Hi again, with this update it did not happen again. It seems to be fixed!
Thanks!
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket