Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 647 Category: User Interface
Title: Speed limit enable/disable feature on the status bar Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Major Version: 4.x

zeusz4u
02-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Speed limit enable/disable feature on the status bar

I'd like you to add a button on the status bar of flash FXP, to be able to control the upload/dowload Speed limits.

It's pretty annoying, whenever I have to enable speed limits I have to go to Option > Preferences.

Torrent Clients (such as uTorrent ) have had this feature added into the status bar for long time. I'd expect the same here. on the bottom left corener, where the file is shown, maybe you can add a right click menu with these options. Such as speed limit for current trnasfer and global limits.

Thank you.

I hope you consider adding this feature in the near future.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Re: Speed limit enable/disable feature on the status bar

What exact functionality would you like to see in this type of feature.

Since we allow global and per-site speed limits this can be a bit complicated.

Would simply allowing the user to turn the speed limit on/off be sufficient?, or should we also have a way to override the current speed limit with a new value?

I imagine this type of setting would need be applied for the current session only
(i.e. any changes made through this method would not be saved on exit)
zeusz4u
02-03-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
What exact functionality would you like to see in this type of feature.

Since we allow global and per-site speed limits this can be a bit complicated.

Would simply allowing the user to turn the speed limit on/off be sufficient?, or should we also have a way to override the current speed limit with a new value?

I imagine this type of setting would need be applied for the current session only
(i.e. any changes made through this method would not be saved on exit)

Hello, and thanks for the response.

Even a speed limit on/off feature in the user interface would be welcome.

I understand (even I do expect) users want maximum download speed available when working with websites. But this way (mostly if you are inside a corporate network), without proper limtations in the firewall, would go up to maximum speed and use the whole bandwidth, causing internet problems to other users on the same network.

This time, I'm forced to go to the Options > Preferences whenever I have to enable this speed limit.

Maybe a configurable button, or menu in the interface could do the same, with the ease of a simple click. For example, let's say for large files I'm really wanting to enable this to avoid any other problems I might cause by using the whole bandwidth.

In uTorrent for example (I know it's different story, it's a torrent client actually), you can easily enable / disable speed limits for upload and download separately, if you right click on the status bar in the corresponding section.

I was referring to global limitation, not per-site limitation.

I hope it's not so complicated, and you might consider implementing this fetaure in the following versions. To accomodate users, maybe displaying this speed limit could be configurable/optional from preferences, so however needs this, it can be easily added and used later.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-05-2012, 11:04 PM

I sent you a private message with a dev. build with a possible solution, please take a look and let me know.
zeusz4u
02-09-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
I sent you a private message with a dev. build with a possible solution, please take a look and let me know.
Thank you. This what I've been looking for.

It' works great, thanks again.

I hope this will make it into the release version.

All the best.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket