Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 966 Category: General / Unknown
Title: FlashFXP to be a SSH Terminal, really close! Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

hothandao
09-10-2014, 10:25 AM
FlashFXP to be a SSH Terminal, really close!

Hi,
I find new FlashFXP 5 rc2 has got /shell feature, then it can be a SSH terminal in nearly furture, I hope you can integrate it in next RC build:
(Pls also allow some shortcut eg: Ctrl-C to terminate a command sent)

Multiline pasted:

FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Re: FlashFXP to be a SSH Terminal, really close!

I hope not, at least that's not the goal of this feature.

This is a dumb terminal vs a real terminal.. lets make that very clear because I don't want anyone getting confused.

I have considered possibly adding a terminal window in future versions, though it is no a high priority.

I was working on a way to abort a hung shell and it took me awhile to figure out why it wasn't working properly, however I am fairly sure it is now working in the latest v5.0 RC release, in addition to using the Abort button on the toolbar you can also use the raw command /abort shell

Any additional enhancements to this feature will be considered after v5.0 stable is released.
hothandao
09-14-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
I hope not, at least that's not the goal of this feature.

This is a dumb terminal vs a real terminal.. lets make that very clear because I don't want anyone getting confused.

I have considered possibly adding a terminal window in future versions, though it is no a high priority.

I was working on a way to abort a hung shell and it took me awhile to figure out why it wasn't working properly, however I am fairly sure it is now working in the latest v5.0 RC release, in addition to using the Abort button on the toolbar you can also use the raw command /abort shell

Any additional enhancements to this feature will be considered after v5.0 stable is released.
Hi,
Deliver SSH shell terminal can make v5.0 less stable than it is, so I hope the furture version will support it. The only request for current v5 is that if you can make a button (like pic 1 & pic 2) so that user can enable & disable "/shell" by default without entering it eachtime.

Thanks,
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-19-2014, 04:16 PM

With the latest build you can leave off the /shell prefix when entering a command via the command line input box, if you do this you'll see a warning message, you can check the box (dont show this again) and then you can use it either way.

there may be some cases where the /shell prefix is required but I am not aware of any off hand.
hothandao
09-20-2014, 12:44 PM

Nice to see it works!
Thanks,
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket