Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 583 Category: User Interface
Title: custom commands line Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

jcony
10-10-2011, 11:58 PM
custom commands line

Let's say you have a very repetitive task to do such as 'site search x' or 'MKD x'. It would be nice to have a custom commands line (just like we have the 'raw command line') which we can just input the variable, hit return, and the custom command is run with the variable.

Could go a step further and allow multiple line input separated by carriage return. Let's say I pasted 30 last names into the custom commands line which did 'MKD x' (each name separated by the carriage return), 30 folders with those last names would be created. As it stands now, you would need to edit the custom command each time.

Food for thought...
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Re: custom commands line

I was going to show you a real cool trick that was implemented ages ago, however when I went to test it out to make sure I was explaining it correctly I then realized that it doesn't work anymore.

The solution we have for this is to create a custom command that uses %c

%c is replaced with the content of the clipboard.

If your clipboard contained the following, it would then be executed as such.
Quote:
MKD test_1
MKD test_2
MKD test_3
MKD test_4
Of course this feature doesn't work right in the current build, I will address the issue in the next release.
jcony
10-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Re: custom commands line

Thanks, sounds useful. Static input field for custom commands could still be useful for some instances.

After rereading the custom command variables, I found a better solution for my specific need: &switch

At first glance, I thought it basically enabled 'Swap Panes'. However, it continues the script in the secondary connection.

I have some folders on one side and want to duplicate them on the other, now I can do that in bulk with a simple custom command without even having to copy/paste