Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 67 Category: N/A
Title: retaining mixed case variations of files downloaded to Win XP (zip?) and unpack to re-upload to linux Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: N/A

Proxima Centauri
09-16-2007, 02:10 PM
retaining mixed case variations of files downloaded to Win XP (zip?) and unpack to re-upload to linux

I'm not cross posting to get attention, I'm just lazy.. I mean very efficient

http://www.inicom.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12775

Quote:
I'd like an option to handle downloading the two files from a linux system to a Windoze XP system:

AppleS.txt
apples.txt

And retain copies of both on XP. I realize XP considers them to be the same file name, but I do have a legitimate need to have mixed case names- and all lowercase names for a few files. Perhaps an option to zip each successive instance of "same name" in XP's view as such

apple.FXP_linux-XP_case1.zip
apple.FXP_linux-XP_case2.zip
apple.FXP_linux-XP_caseN.zip

and such a way (or maybe a more arcane file naming convention than my original thread) such that FlashFXP with unzip and upload only the contents of said zip file CaSe sets?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
09-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Re: retaining mixed case variations of files downloaded to Win XP (zip?) and unpack to re-upload to linux

The only way to currently do this would be to use "Auto rename" as the file exists rule.

I'm not really sure if using zip archives for this is a practical solution.