Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1137 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: -remotepath command line switch not working. Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 5.4

rco133
03-06-2017, 01:18 AM
-remotepath command line switch not working.

Hi.

I have been trying for hours to get the -remotepath command line option to work.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I don't think so.

I am using FlashFXP 5.4.0 (build 3960) in Windows 7 Ultimate.

I am doing this:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\FlashFXP 5\FlashFXP.exe" "XX" -remotepath="/folder/" -localpath="d:\folder"

And it just ends up at / on the remote FTP. -localpath seems to work, since it ends up where it is supposed to.

-localpath seems to create the folder if it isn't there. Is that be design?. If I make a typo, I would like to know it, rather then the folder just being created.

I have tried many variants of the command line, but no matter what I do I always end up at / and never at the place set by -remotepath.

I see nothing in the logs other than:

[2017-03-06 07:12:52 am] [L] PWD
[2017-03-06 07:12:52 am] [L] 257 "/" is current directory.

There is absolutely no attempt to change to the folder set in -remotepath.

rco133
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Re: -remotepath command line switch not working.

Hello,

Thank you for your bug report.

Quote:
"c:\Program Files (x86)\FlashFXP 5\FlashFXP.exe" "XX" -remotepath="/folder/" -localpath="d:\folder"
This is the correct syntax and it should work.

I tested this in 5.4.0 build 3960 multiple times and was unable to reproduce the problem. Maybe there is something we're missing that is causing this to fail but I am not seeing it. I would recommend creating an entirely new site entry and then testing with it, maybe you can narrow down something specific to the existing site profile causing the failure and then I will be more than happy to investigate it further.

Quote:
-localpath seems to create the folder if it isn't there. Is that be design?.
Yes, because in some use-cases it is possible that this path may not exist yet, so we create it.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-06-2017, 01:49 PM

[UPDATE]

I found a test case to reproduce the issue..

When FlashFXP is started with both browsers in remote browser mode then -remotepath="<path>" doesn't work as expected.

I will investigate this further and come up with a solution.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-06-2017, 02:20 PM

Here's an update that should work, please let me know.

Download ffxp5.4.0.3962.zip
Unzip the flashfxp.exe into your FlashFXP program folder overwriting the existing file.
rco133
03-07-2017, 01:32 PM

Hi.

Thanks.

I have tested the version you included, and it seems to be working as it should.

rco133
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket