Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 631 Category: Functionality
Title: WebDAV support Status: Open
Severity: Major Version: 4.x

treslumen
12-22-2011, 08:24 PM
WebDAV support

My university does not offer FTP service, instead, the tech dept decided to use WebDAV, for enhanced security and better flexibility for sharing/collaboration. As far as I know, currently only CuteFTP and CoreFTP, etc support HTTP(S) protocols, and only WebDrive officially support WebDAV and Amazon S3. It'll be a significant edge over competing programs if FlashFXP can do a better job for WebDAV. For instance, WinSCP guys haven't managed to implement WebDAV yet, but demand from users is quite large. See http://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5333

So I wonder if bigstar is interested in taking on this challenge and extending FlashFXP's capability to embrace the HTTPS-based transfer, which is becoming more and more popular nowdays?
nocenter
03-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Re: WebDAV support

Do you have plans for WebDAV and S3 support?
4.3, 4.4, ... ?

a loyal user
nocenter
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Re: WebDAV support

I'd like to include support for WebDAV, Amazon S3, and Microsoft Azure.

However I am currently falling behind with the protocols that we currently support and it's becoming more and more difficult to keep up with them and fix the existing issues.

While I'd like to support as many protocols as possible, I feel that attempting to support anymore at the moment would be just too much for me and I would not be able to give them the attention that they would need.

Perhaps somewhere in the future we can look at implementing them.