Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1111 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Rename does not work when running FlashFXP with wine on linux Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 5.3

ice-egal
06-15-2016, 03:48 PM
Rename does not work when running FlashFXP with wine on linux

Hi,

I am running the latest version of FlashFXP (5.4) on Debian stretch using wine 1.8.2. So far everything works to my satisfaction, however I am not able to rename any file or folder. When pressing F2 or clicking on "Rename" I can edit the name, but after pressing Return nothing happens (the status window also shows no commands being executed). I found a bug report from 2012 which describes the same problem: https://www.flashfxp.com/forum/track...cker_bugid=792. It seems like the bug was introduced again at some point.

I would appreciate a fix for the current FlashFXP version.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-15-2016, 07:28 PM
Re: Rename does not work when running FlashFXP with wine on linux

Thank you for your bug report.

The problem is in fact the same exact issue, in version 5 we replaced the stock controls with a Unicode aware set of controls, and they too suffer from the same problem.

Rather than patch the controls at a low level as we did with the stock controls I have taken a different approach this time around.

I tested this with Wine and it appears to resolve the issue for me, so it should just work for you as well.

Please try the following update, this is just the program executable so extract it over your existing flashfxp.exe
https://www.flashfxp.com/testr/dev-builds/ffxp5.4.0.3936.zip
ice-egal
06-16-2016, 12:12 PM
Re: Rename does not work when running FlashFXP with wine on linux

Thanks for the fast reply! The new executable fixed the problem :)
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket