Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 736 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Local browser goes back to local directory root after uploading a file Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.2 stable

eric3
07-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Local browser goes back to local directory root after uploading a file

We just updated to 4.2.4 from the previous version and now almost every time we upload a file the local browser view goes back to the local directory root. We are forced to constantly navigate back to the local folder that we want to upload from. This did not happen in the previous version and no configuration changes were made after updating to the new version.

In the left pane we typically have the local browser view. In the right pane is the server browser view. We almost always have the Synchronized Browsing turned on for the directories.

We also often have multiple instances of FlashFXP open.

Operating system: Windows 7
FlashFXP version: 4.2.4

Steps to reproduce.
- Navigate to a folder on the local system and upload a file. 90% of the time the local browser will be automatically navigated back to the local folder path root.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Re: Local browser goes back to local directory root after uploading a file

Hello Eric,

It was just recently brought to our attention that in some situations the local browser is changing back to a previous folder.

There are many different scenarios that can lead to different results and in our last update a very minor change resulted in an unexpected change in the behavior.

Please try this development build and let me know if this resolves the problem.
http://www.flashfxp.com/testr/ffxp-dev.zip

If not please explain your site profile configuration and the steps taken to reproduce the issue. from the site profile we need to know if you have a local and/or remote path set and whether or not the "activate synchronized browsing on connect" is checked, or if synchronized browsing is activated manually after connecting to the server. also please let us know if the connection to the server is lost at any point prior to transferring the file.
eric3
07-02-2012, 09:44 AM

Thanks - I'll try the development version.

- The site configurations have both a local and remove path set.
- "activate synchronized browsing on connect" is checked
- The connection to the server is not lost before transferring the file.
eric3
07-02-2012, 10:46 AM

Updated - Haven't tried the development version, but I did notice that the problem does seem to happen after a connection is lost due to inactivity and then a file is transferred. After that almost all file transfers revert the local directory back to the root directory.
eric3
07-02-2012, 11:01 AM

The development version seems to solve that particular issue. But I noticed another issue in it. If you upload a folder the local browser view does not revert back to the current view after uploading but gets stuck just inside the folder that was uploaded.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-02-2012, 11:25 AM

I've been investigating this issue for the past two hours and I discovered a couple new scenarios where the local and/or remote path become mismatched.

I will update the development build shortly to include my new changes, I have a few more test cases to run first.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-02-2012, 03:35 PM

I have updated the development build please try this update

http://www.flashfxp.com/testr/ffxp-dev.zip

This should resolve all the issues with either browser switching folders unexpectedly after transferring a file.
eric3
07-03-2012, 09:24 AM

The development build version seems to be working.

Any estimate on when it will be released as an upgrade?

Thanks for your work on this and the quick response.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-03-2012, 09:53 AM

Last night I published v4.2.4 Build 1790 to the beta channel, So maybe within the next week or two.