Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 722 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Major Bug in large queue files to upload Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 4.2 stable

astro1
06-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Major Bug in large queue files to upload

This is a MAJOR bug in my opinion. In trying to start Flashfxp, I was previously uploading a very large file (several gigabytes) to a server. In trying to load the queue file, Flashfxp just hangs there, forever. I have to shut it down. Smaller queue files are OK, but it hangs horribly on large queue files to upload, to the point only a CTR-ALT-DEL will end the program. Now I can't even start the program. As soon as I do, the queue file comes up and it just hangs. Please fix this ASAP! I'm using the latest version.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Re: Major Bug in large queue files to upload

What specific version/build of FlashFXP are you using?

How big is the actual queue file?

How long are you waiting for FlashFXP to load the queue file?

If you have FlashFXP display the restore queue window on startup then the queue would need to be loaded twice, once for the preview and again if loaded. So this could take several minutes. We plan on changing this in future releases.

The way FlashFXP processes a transfer queue typically these queue files don't grow to unmanageable sizes, however if you were to expand all folders in a queue that contained an insane amount of folders/files that could perhaps lead to creating an enormous file.
astro1
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM

I'm using the latest build of flashfxp, the queue file is 6 gigs and flash fxp hangs forever. ie, unless I close it, it will sit there frozen until kingdom come in my opinion. I've been forced to use another ftp client as result. The sooner you fix this annoying feature/bug the better. Thanks.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-07-2012, 11:43 PM

Perhaps I misunderstood you, I'm not sure, but I am somewhat confused.

Are you trying to tell me that the actual queue file (the file that contains the list of items to be transferred is 8gb, or is a file in your queue is 6gb in size?

I assume the later since technically FlashFXP is unable to create a queue file that is 6gb, it has a psychical size limit of around 1.2gb. however if the queue file truly is 6gb then I suspect its corrupted, perhaps due to a system crash/lock up? I would recommend running check disk or something similar on your drive.