Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 81 Category: N/A
Title: Wish List: FTP File Search Status: Pending (On TO-DO list)
Severity: Minor Version: N/A

DayCuts
10-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Wish List: FTP File Search

Just a bit of a wish list for the ftp file search feature, some things i have thought would be quite handy on multiple occasions in the past, dont remember if i have suggested any of them before.

* Change the disabled 'On Site' box to a drop down list when both sides have active file lists, so it can be changed without closing out switching focus and reopening, disabling modification when search is started.

* Support for regular expressions in the 'Named' field for more advanced matching

* Multiple roots ('look in') locations, posssibly seperated by a semi-colon or something similar.

* A right-click 'Queue Parent' option that will add the 'In Folder' to the queue rather than the 'Name'.

* Some kind of support for saving search profiles, or even just remembering the options that were selected last time would be VERY handy and save a lot of time.
DayCuts
12-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Re: Wish List: FTP File Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayCuts
* A right-click 'Queue Parent' option that will add the 'In Folder' to the queue rather than the 'Name'.
Implemented in build 1222
DayCuts
02-12-2008, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayCuts
* Multiple roots ('look in') locations, posssibly seperated by a semi-colon or something similar.
Had a bit of an extention to this just come to mind, or even just an alternate was to do it. Basically the ability to select multiple folders from the current listing (before opening ftp file search dialog), then check an option box in the ftp file search dialog similar to 'look in selected paths only' to do just that (possibly causing flashfxp to autofill the 'look in' field, alternatively (or in conjunction?) it could be designed to auto fill the 'look in' field with the list of paths to look in (the selected paths) when the dialog is first opened (perhaps not needing a checkbox in the dialog afterall).
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
02-12-2008, 07:20 PM

The Look In field is a dropdown list so another option would be to add another entry to the list i.e. <Selected Folders> this part of the design is rather trivial and probably the least complicated part of it. Having multiple base folders causes a bit of complications, however we do already have most of this already done for us from the Calculate ftp space used feature.

I'd really like to try and get these features into 3.8.