Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 396 Category: Translation Related Issue
Title: Some language specifics Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: N/A

NeoN_Roma
10-29-2010, 07:17 AM
Some language specifics

When using Active Edits each opened file has menu with entire "Open Folder Location"
In translation this is combination of 2 strings "Open %s Location" and "Folder".
I understand that developers wanted to make this strings universal, but there are some problems while translating in Russian (for example).

Problem appears because form of word "Folder" (infinitive) do not matches the whole phrase "Open Folder`s Location".

As I can guess, phrase "Open %s Location" is been used only in 2 states: "Open File Location" and "Open Folder Location". So specifying 2 fields instead of one is not so hard.

PS: Are developers know that there are still lots of untranslatable strings in FlashFXP?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-29-2010, 08:52 AM
Re: Some language specifics

I will make some changes to how this string is used to allow for better translation, first I must insure that only file or folder is used in this context, off hand I am not 100% sure.

What strings have you found that are not translated?

Everything should be 100% translatable, with the exception of a couple lines of text in the about box and the bug report crash dialog.
NeoN_Roma
10-29-2010, 09:09 AM

1. in language edit window: File > Export...

I`ll post here issues during notice. Actually there are not so much problem fields
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-29-2010, 09:57 AM

The update check messages are received from the update server and doesn't support translation since they are not part of FlashFXP.

This is also true for the v3.x to v4.x Key upgrade service and certain error messages that are displayed when submitting language translations.

UPDATE

Quote:
1. in language edit window: File > Export...
This appears to be translated in build 1490
NeoN_Roma
10-29-2010, 10:18 AM

OK, but one more bug:
Download translation window is not resizable and some date/time entires are not visible (end of string)
And whole lables in that window are in English.

While uploading translation "Uploading trantlation" string is not tranlatable.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-29-2010, 10:45 AM

Which build of FlashFXP are you using? This should be corrected in build 1490
NeoN_Roma
10-29-2010, 10:58 AM

build 1488, no updates available for now.
1490 is not released yet, correct?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-29-2010, 12:18 PM

Sorry all translators should be on the beta team, I assumed you were already added.

I've added you to the beta team, you'll now be able to download build 1490.
NeoN_Roma
10-29-2010, 01:36 PM

One more thing:
There is new string "Download / Update Languages" which been used as window title, but there are also menu entire Options > Language > Download / Update..., which is created from 2 fields. Maybe it`s better to use there "Download / Update Languages"?

PS: now when I save my language it`s automatically been uploaded on server? Now in Download / Update Languages window Russian for me has state "not installed". I guess I should redownload it?

PPS: how can I delete user-created and installed language? Because after language been downloaded it disappear from that list.
Maybe it`ll be better to create some kind of language manager to download, update and delete languages? This will reduce menu items
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-29-2010, 02:13 PM

If it were to become a single entry then it would need to be a new one because it needs to be "Download / Update" not "Download / Update Languages", does it not make sense when translated to Russian?

Yes translations are now automatically submitted to our server.

When a language is submitted it goes into a moderation queue, where new entries much be approved, certain users will be auto approved in the future making it a completely automated process. I'm not entirely sure why it says "not installed", this might be something I need to look into.

Language files are stored in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\FlashFXP\4\Language

Currently you cannot delete language files from within FlashFXP.

When you edit your language its always saved as a user edited version, this way if you download a default language and its older (because your changes haven't been approved) you still have your changes.

I posted a new build 1491 to address some issues that came up in 1490.

Be sure to re-enter your author/pin information as this is now stored directly in the flashfxp.ini instead of individual language files.
NeoN_Roma
10-29-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
If it were to become a single entry then it would need to be a new one because it needs to be "Download / Update" not "Download / Update Languages", does it not make sense when translated to Russian?
Little sens, but not critical. It caused by using "upload" and "download" strings in English to avoid misunderstanding.
Not create new one, but use existing "Download / Update Languages".

There are lots of specifics in translation, but I don`t disturb them because its will cause looots of changes and new language strings)
By the way in Russian there is no word like "of" (I don`t know how to translate it, if I can leave string empty... but I can`t) Instead of it, there prefixes and suffixes in related words in the phrase

Quote:
Language files are stored in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\FlashFXP\4\Language
There is no such folder!

About automatic upload language on server. If I edit language I can save it lots of times to check the changes. So moderator should review for example 10 lang. updates sent in 5 minutes....
Blubi
10-29-2010, 03:26 PM

Try %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\FlashFXP\4\Language for path.
NeoN_Roma
10-29-2010, 03:31 PM

C:\ProgramData\FlashFXP\4\Language - ok,
but I stored user data in D:\FlashFXP 4\4
Why files are separated? or they will be in one folder only in portable version
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-29-2010, 07:46 PM

The language files are stored in the all user location because language files are always global. In a portable version they would be in a \language sub-folder to the program.