Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 929 Category: Other
Title: slow transfer rates Status: Closed (Not a bug)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.4

eckertenterprises
01-25-2014, 05:28 PM
slow transfer rates

Using FlashFXP 4.4.3 (build 2031) on Windows Vista.
My ISP is WestHost.com, and they say FlashFXP opens 5 parallel connections all to the same IP (my cable modem).

When I run speed tests, I have a download speed of over 50MBps.
When I download a file with FlashFXP, I never get over 2MBps.

Just wondering why there are multiple connections, and if that's killing my download speed.
I know that many small files can slow any FTP, but today I downloaded over 400MB in one file.

Any idea how to get better transfer rates? In both directions?

Steve
eckertenterprises
03-04-2014, 01:09 AM
Re: slow transfer rates

Update: If I open multiple FlashFXP sessions at the same time, they all run the same speed.
Extra sessions do not slow down the first connection, implying FlashFXP is the bottleneck, not
the cable modem or the ISP. The ISP insists they do NOT throttle FTP connections, ever.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Re: slow transfer rates

Please see the following FAQ entry, while this FAQ entry deals with slow uploads the same can sometimes apply to downloads as well under some conditions.

http://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flashf...indows-xp.html

In your case instead of changing the send buffer size you'd want to try experimenting with the receive buffer size.

FlashFXP is capable of downloading at a high rate of speed but there are several factors that can impact performance.

As far as FlashFXP settings go this is the only setting that will have any impact on performance.

Other possible factors include but not limited to software based firewalls, Windows network configuration, the network card and/or driver configuration, local network (wired and wireless) routers and the way they're configured.

Sometimes high packet loss and/or latency can result in reduced transfer speed, this is especially true if windows is configured with TCP window scaling disabled. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_window_scale_option)
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket