Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 724 Category: Functionality
Title: Schedule for downloading backup files Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

StarBuG
06-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Schedule for downloading backup files

Hi

On my server I run db backups daily and store them as a gzip file.

I really would love to be able to use the schedule function from flashfxp to automatically download the gz file on a daily basis.
However the db file is stored with the date in the filename so using a queue file won't do the trick.

Would it be possible to add a function to download X number of files based on date of creation?

Kind regards

StarBuG
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Re: Schedule for downloading backup files

I do agree that there is room for improvement and that currently there is no way to really do this.

We would need to determine the best way to implement such a feature.

Off the top of my head, I am thinking that perhaps this could somehow be tied into the file transfer rule system. That way it could be configured globally, per-site, or per scheduled task, however that may not be enough.

I can envision a scenario where the user might want to limit this behavior to a single path or multiple ranges for multiple paths within a single server profile.

I will need to give this some thought.
StarBuG
06-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Re: Schedule for downloading backup files

If you are planing to turn flashfxp into a full blown server backup software (depending on the work included) I would not mind if you do this as a payed module because not everyone will need/use it

More suggestions regarding backup functionality:

Incremental backups would be useful as well.
Like only download files that are newer (or have different sizes) than the first initial backup.