ID: 857 Category: User Interface
Title: Selective Transfer in Site Manager Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

marc36
04-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Selective Transfer in Site Manager

Hello,
First i would like to thank you for creating us such a powerful tool

I know i can create a skip-list for every single site, but is it possible to create a list like in "Tools->Selective Transfer" for every site to?

Im aware that i can change the selective transfer rule for every site. But it would be easier if i could set the rule in the Site Manager so that i don't need to change it every time.

greets marc
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Re: Selective Transfer in Site Manager

Selective transfer rules were designed to operate outside of an individual site profile.

Session - The selective transfer rule is applies to for the current session.

Queue item - The selective transfer rule is applied to individual queue items overriding the session or scheduled task level rule set.

Scheduled Task - The selective transfer rule is applied to the scheduled task overriding the session level rule set.

A queue can contain queue items that involve multiple sites.

If connecting to a site profile is allowed to change the current selective transfer rule set then we are effectively breaking the above logic and design of how selective transfer rules are meant to work.

A couple issues we'd have if a site profile set a selective transfer rule on connect.

If the user connects to two servers to perform a site to site transfer and each site has a different selective transfer rule set then which is applied? Since the rule reset is applied globally and cannot function at the site level only one can be active.

Now lets say the user connects to site A that uses a site profile defined rule set, disconnects from site A, and then connects to site B. Site B would continue to use the rule set set by site B unless it defined its own rule set.
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket