Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 961 Category: Functionality
Title: FlashFXP SFTP: Tar/Untar/Chown Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

hothandao
08-12-2014, 04:53 AM
FlashFXP SFTP: Tar/Untar/Chown

Hi,

I find these functions are helpful to manage files using FlashFXP.

About Chown: Please allow selection between: root/currentOwer(Group)/TargetOwner(Group)

Thanks,
Super Duper
MxxCon
08-13-2014, 07:06 AM
Re: FlashFXP SFTP: Tar/Untar/Chown

Standard FTP protocol does not have builtin functionality to tar/untar files or chown. It's not a limitation of FlashFXP but FTP itself.

Some servers might implement it using custom commands. If that's the case, then you can enter those commands in the custom command box using CTRL-R shortcut.
08-16-2014, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxxCon
Standard FTP protocol does not have builtin functionality to tar/untar files or chown. It's not a limitation of FlashFXP but FTP itself.

Some servers might implement it using custom commands. If that's the case, then you can enter those commands in the custom command box using CTRL-R shortcut.
@MxxCon: My suggestion here is for SFTP. I have tried custom SITE command but does not work
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-17-2014, 10:17 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your feature requests.

Tar/Untar is not directly supported by SFTP and these commands must be run via the shell. Since not all SFTP user accounts also have shell access which would be limited to accounts with shell access, but the biggest problem with providing general support for running commands via the shell is that the folder structure via SFTP might be virtual and may not map directly to the same folder name space available via the shell account.

I can see a few great benefits of being able to execute shell commands and I plan on investigating this further for a future v5.x point release, My biggest concern is someone doing something like "rm -rf /" on a virtual root and in reality its done on the actual server /.

Quote:
About Chown: Please allow selection between: root/currentOwer(Group)/TargetOwner(Group)
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean, can you please explain in more detail and give me an example.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-18-2014, 05:19 PM

I looked into providing shell command support when working via SFTP and I found it to be easiest than I thought, so I have added support for sending shell commands via the /shell macro prefix in the raw command prompt or command scripts.

for example
Code:
[17:18:45] [CMD] /shell uptime
[17:18:45] [R] [shell] Open
 17:18:44 up 9 days, 16:20,  0 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.09, 0.08
[17:18:45] [R] [shell] Close
To use of this new feature please download the latest version 5.0 build.
hothandao
08-28-2014, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean, can you please explain in more detail and give me an example.
Hello,

my suggestion for chown is like that:

also for shell command: if it can transfer the session to Putty, it would be a wonderful feature! (Like Winscp, we just press ctrl-P to transfer SSH session to Putty)
hothandao
08-28-2014, 11:01 PM

I have done some command template for Zip/Unzip + Chown

Zip command:
Quote:
/shell zip -r %f.zip %f
List
Unzip command:
Quote:
/shell unzip %f
List