Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 304 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Incorrect time offsets Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 4.0

Too much time...
Yil
10-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Incorrect time offsets

FlashFXP's automatic timezone discovery mechanism poorly picks files to examine for time offset/timezone calculations. It will choose files that are old enough that they would show up as Oct 2 2007 instead of a current Oct 2 16:40 format and totally screw up the time offset...

It should only use files that include an actual timestamp and perhaps one that doesn't end in :00 just to be safe...
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Re: Incorrect time offsets

You are correct, There are several test builds that didn't check to see if the file contained a DATE + TIME, it assumed that if there was a DATE it was good enough, I believe the public beta on the website has this issue as well as the latest private beta.

I cant imagine a ftp server providing the time but then truncating the minutes to 00, though stranger things have occurred. I suppose for these servers un-selecting the auto detect would be the better solution.

Hopefully I can release 4.0 beta to a few people for testing really soon. Due to all the changes right now the biggest hold up is getting the installer updated and adding support for upgrading from 3.x. I simply don't have the time to do it

I suppose one alternative would be to create a generic installer without any upgrade support. It just might come to that.