Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 95 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Autoscroll bugs Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 3.5.3 (3.6 RC 3)

Telcontar
12-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Autoscroll bugs

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but BugTracker search is down ("The iniCom Networks Support Forums database has encountered a problem.")

Autoscroll -- where dragging a file/folder to near the top or bottom of a listbox causes the listbox to scroll in that direction for you -- has bugs.

Dragging a local file within the local list: autoscroll is fine.
Dragging a local file to the remote list: no autoscroll.
Dragging a remote file within either list: flaky autoscroll.

In the last case, you have to wave the cursor about to get it to scroll: hold the cursor still and it stops scrolling. Listbox redraw flickers horribly while scrolling, while dragging a local file within the local view is pretty much flicker-free. If you wave the cursor about when it can't scroll any more, it still tries to scroll and just flickers a lot getting nowhere.

It could also do with scrolling a bit faster!

This is Windows 2000 SP4.
DayCuts
12-22-2007, 12:14 AM
Re: Autoscroll bugs

Concistant autoscroll behavior would be nice, not having to shake the cursor around to scroll from dragging from a remote session would be nice (mimicing local autoscroll behavior).

I am wondering if the complete lack of any autoscroll when dragging from local to remote was just an oversight when the feature was added, as dragging from remote to remote works ('flakily' at least).
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
12-22-2007, 12:36 AM

When you drop into the remote listview it doesn't matter where you drop it. It's always going to go into the current folder. There's no reason for the list to be scrolled in this situation.

The local listview allows scrolling as this is built into the control, though it's not necessary unless you're doing local to local drag/drop.

I agree that the scroll method isn't perfect it will auto scroll but the delay between scrolling is really slow. I added extra code to scroll it faster by moving the mouse but this solution isn't ideal. I will look into this sometime into the future.

As far as the flickering I haven't noticed any problems, I'll look into it though.

P.S. the bug tracker search feature has been broken since we added the bug tracker, even worse the company who designed it stopped providing support and the source code is encoded so we can't modify it directly..
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
01-23-2008, 12:43 PM

I looked into this and I'm afraid there really isn't much I can do about it.

The auto scrolling seems to scroll way too slow by default, I'm not sure if this can be changed with code but during my research I wasn't able to find anything. The best I could find is how we do it now and thats speed it up during mouse movement.