Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 298 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Need "File Type" in Server-Side Files Column Options Status: Closed (Discarded)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.x

Ximbalo
08-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Need "File Type" in Server-Side Files Column Options

FlashFXP has the richest feature set of any FTP tool I've used before over the past 15 years of programming.

BUT... the absence of ONE feature in FlashFXP continually causes me endless frustration 5 or 6 times a day. I am NEVER able to order the files on the FTP server by "File Type"!

In my line of work... I ALWAYS need to scroll thru sometimes hundreds or thousands of server-side files, which include a mixture of HTML, CSS, JS and PHP ... or HTML and ASP and ASPX files... When I am trying to debug a large website that includes a variety of file types in a folder... it KILLS MY productivity that there appears to be NO WAY... to organize files on the server side of things by File Type.

To organize and inspect them by file type on the server-side would increase my efficiency and save me untold amounts of time and headache.

PLEASE... I beseach you... free us from this unfortunate limitation.
Include TYPE in the column options for server-side file listsings.

Thank you,

Ximbalo in Ausitn, TX
Projects Administrator
SearchEngineLeap.com
( HTML/PHP/ASP Programming / Virus Infected Website Cleaner )
Super Duper
MxxCon
08-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Re: Need "File Type" in Server-Side Files Column Options

upcoming flashfxp version will have this
08-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Re: Need "File Type" in Server-Side Files Column Options

There is no Type column server side but you can sort by file extension, you can also set this in the preferences as your default sort order.

Right Click on the remote file listing and then from the popup menu select Arrange Icon > By File Extension.