Steps to reproduce (in quick succession, doesn't always work):
  1. Open sftp connection
  2. Create a directory
  3. Enter the created directory
  4. Go back up one level
  5. Rename the created directory to a different character casing
  6. Enter the directory
  7. Attempt to upload a file

Sometimes it enters the directory with the old character casing which causes every operation to fail.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-27-2016, 08:55 AM
Re: Folder rename on case sensitive sftp

Hello,

Thank you for your bug report.

I was able to reproduce the problem using the steps exactly as you described above.

This issue is caused by a recent change that eliminated a couple of steps and streamlined the rename operation. Prior to this change renaming a folder may have also required changing directories and refreshing the file listing from the server.

When these steps were eliminated it introduced an unforeseen issue where a variable used to hold the current working directory (relative to the server and case-insensitive) was no longer updated as part of the rename operation.

I have made a small change to the rename function so that this value is also updated.

This fix appears to solve the problem that you reported (based on my configuration), but additional testing is needed to ensure that this works in every situation and configuration.

You can download the updated build using the link below, unzip the flashfxp.exe into your FlashFXP program folder replacing the existing file.

ffxp5.4.0.3939b.zip