Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 1059 Category: General / Unknown
Title: Need download and/or upload many files at the same time . . . Status: Open
Severity: Minor Version: 5.x

td8896
07-25-2015, 06:38 AM
Need download and/or upload many files at the same time . . .

Hello FlashXP,
With FileZilla and many FTP client programs, we can change/limit how many files for upload and upload but with your FlashXP, I cannot find out to change this function??
With your FlashXP program now, I can upload 1 file atime, ONLY. So, we have to wait for long time if we need to upload/download so many thousand files.
How do you think? Nobody has request like mine?

Best regards
td8896
Fumega
07-29-2015, 07:01 AM
Re: Need download and/or upload many files at the same time . . .

I was about to suggest the exact same thing, that's a feature that's absolutely necessary, and that's the reason I still use Filezilla a lot.

In order for me to maximize my connection, I need multiple simultaneous file transfers. When I use Flahsfxp, I've to open n instances of Flashfxp in order to achieve it, which is slow and cumbersome, as I've to manually divide the parts and so on.

With Filezilla when can just select the "Maximum simultaneous transfers" (up to 10), and that's it.

And contrary to segmented downloading, that would require a major code rewrite, multi-threading is much simpler.

Are there any plans to implement this feature?

Regards.
Fumega
01-08-2016, 02:16 AM

Hello bigstar

I know that you're the sole FlashFXP developer, but can you please tell us if you're thinking on implementing multi-threaded download and upload (downloading/uploading several files simultaneously like FileZilla) in the future? It would greatly improve the software.

Best regards and keep up the good work
Fumega
02-06-2016, 07:15 PM

Hello???
DayCuts
02-25-2016, 07:24 PM

Multi-file transfers are suggested regularly, and to a lesser extent multi-threaded (segmented) transfers.

FlashFXP obviously does not offer this, but a workaround is to just open multiple sessions and load the autosave queue from the first session into each additional session. Effectively you are just running the queue several times from different sessions but flashfxp will correctly handle this scenario without creating a mess.
Fumega
02-27-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayCuts
Multi-file transfers are suggested regularly, and to a lesser extent multi-threaded (segmented) transfers.
Why doesn't the developer say something about it then? I'm not demanding anything, I'm just asking if there are any plans to implement such functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayCuts
FlashFXP obviously does not offer this, but a workaround is to just open multiple sessions and load the autosave queue from the first session into each additional session. Effectively you are just running the queue several times from different sessions but flashfxp will correctly handle this scenario without creating a mess.
That's a pain and it may not work all the time...
Fumega
04-22-2016, 12:22 PM

Hello! Yes or no?

Regards
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-24-2016, 09:41 AM

I am experimenting (in my spare time, which isn't much) with a few different ideas on how we can accomplish as a secondary function, but not necessarily to change the current behavior.

The reasoning for this is that under many complex operations such as queues that perform more than just simple file transfers using custom commands and command scripts, or even move and rename operations, for these everything must execute sequentially.

Right now my current experiment(which is very rough and very specific on how it works and it is intended to transfer files without any confirmation, any existing files will automatically be overwritten.

But it works like this..

Queue up the files you want to transfer, this could be a upload, download, or site to site.

If you want to transfer folders its best to use the expand folder feature first (Right-click Queue Window > Advanced > Expand Folders or Expand All Folders)

Now lets say you want to transfer 10 files at once.. We use a raw command /multi 10

What this does is splits the queue into 10 equal and individual parts and launches 10 background instances of FlashFXP to perform the transfers (minimized to the tray). The items are then removed from the current queue window.

This is a very experimental feature and only handles one specific situation.

In the future I envision a secondary transfer mode feature that would work very similar to this design.
Fumega
04-29-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
I am experimenting (in my spare time, which isn't much) with a few different ideas on how we can accomplish as a secondary function, but not necessarily to change the current behavior.

The reasoning for this is that under many complex operations such as queues that perform more than just simple file transfers using custom commands and command scripts, or even move and rename operations, for these everything must execute sequentially.

Right now my current experiment(which is very rough and very specific on how it works and it is intended to transfer files without any confirmation, any existing files will automatically be overwritten.

But it works like this..

Queue up the files you want to transfer, this could be a upload, download, or site to site.

If you want to transfer folders its best to use the expand folder feature first (Right-click Queue Window > Advanced > Expand Folders or Expand All Folders)

Now lets say you want to transfer 10 files at once.. We use a raw command /multi 10

What this does is splits the queue into 10 equal and individual parts and launches 10 background instances of FlashFXP to perform the transfers (minimized to the tray). The items are then removed from the current queue window.

This is a very experimental feature and only handles one specific situation.

In the future I envision a secondary transfer mode feature that would work very similar to this design.
Thanks for the update :-)

Keep up the good work
dechadams
12-08-2016, 09:36 AM

: جنون:: جنون:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumega
I was about to suggest the exact same thing, that's a feature that's absolutely necessary, and that's the reason I still use Filezilla a lot.

In order for me to maximize my connection, I need multiple simultaneous file transfers. When I use Flahsfxp, I've to open n instances of Flashfxp in order to achieve it, which is slow and cumbersome, as I've to manually divide the parts and so on.

With Filezilla when can just select the "Maximum simultaneous transfers" (up to 10), and that's it.

And contrary to segmented downloading, that would require a major code rewrite, multi-threading is much simpler.

Are there any plans to implement this feature?

Regards.
Fumega
04-02-2017, 10:57 PM

Hey Bigstar, any updates on this functionality?

Regards
Fumega
07-15-2017, 09:47 AM

Hey Bigstar, any updates on this functionality?

Regards
Fumega
03-27-2018, 04:42 PM

Hey Bigstar, one year later, any updates on this functionality?

Regards
kuchi
07-16-2018, 01:51 AM

bigstar is in prison
https://www.flashfxp.com/forum/flash...ment-died.html
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket