Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 1146 Category: Functionality
Title: Copy attributes during SFTP/FXP transfers Status: Pending (Under Review)
Severity: Medium Version: 5.x

danroa
04-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Copy attributes during SFTP/FXP transfers

Would it be possible to implement a setting that preserves attributes while copying files? This would be when copying site-to-site (i.e., unix-to-unix, through SFTP or FXP), since I understand that copying attribs win-to-*ftp doesn't make much sense... I also understand that this requires issuing a separate command for each file, but that's one of those boring things that computers are better than humans at...

It seems this request has come up before, but since 12 years now passed and (at least for me) sftp-to-sftp transfers have become quite important, I was hoping you guys could reconsider whether this feature could be implemented. And FlashFXP is supposed to be the authority in site-to-site transfers, isn't it?

Jokes aside, to me this feature is particularly important when I'm on Windows (hence when I'm using FlashFXP) because I don't want to have to tar-untar things just to transfer them accurately. Sure, I could use scp on one of the two linux machines, but very often I either don't have a clear network link between the two of them, or one of the two (or both...) are VMs isolated from the world/each other.

Thanks so much for your help and giving me the chance to refer to a 12yo thread! (I.e., thanks for working on FlashFXP for all this time! )

Danilo
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket