Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Feature Requests Ticket Tools
ID: 20 Category: N/A
Title: Move To... Bookmarks. Status: Pending (On TO-DO list)
Severity: Minor Version: N/A

DayCuts
04-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Move To... Bookmarks.

I think i suggested this in the past, but i still believe it would be quite a useful feature to anybody that uses bookmarks on a daily basis.

Create a new 'Move To...' right click item when files/folders are selected.

Something along the lines of: (I guess some might not have the regular move put into a submenu, i wouldnt mind either way, the important part of the suggestion is the bookmarks)

Move To...
- Choose Location...
- -
- Site Bookmark 1
- Site Bookmark 2
- Site Bookmark N
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Re: Move To... Bookmarks.

This could be done using custom commands

RNFR %f
RNTO %b[bookmark caption]%f

%b[bookmark caption] is a macro that will return the ftp path set in the bookmark, so if %b[bookmark caption] was set to /home/public_html/archive/ and %f was log.file you would end up with the following command

RNFR log.file
RNTO /home/public_html/archive/log.file
DayCuts
04-25-2007, 06:56 AM

I have used this method in the past, it works of corse, however it still requires that you remember and type the names (or paths if no name is given) for each bookmark of each site.

As a developer and administrator i have quite a number of sites and sometimes complex directory structures. This is especially true for linux distributions, for example when working with the users on a system... unless these users never change, then it can be hard to remember who is where and the exact user names.

Anyway, thanks for concidering the suggestion regardless of the outcome.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-17-2007, 01:14 AM

I do like this idea and hopefully we can add something like this in a future release.