Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 38 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: List options Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 3.4.1 (Beta)

Too much time...
Yil
06-26-2007, 05:20 PM
List options

List options are presented very poorly.

1) Show hidden files "use list -al" option
2) Use stat -l
3) Use mdtm (in beta I'm told)

Um... those are ALL checkboxes?? you can only list a directory one way, so it should be something more like a radio style set of options inside a group box titled "Directory list options"...

A) List (list -l)
B) List w/hidden (list -al)
C) Custom list [args: xyz]
D) Stat -l
E) mdtm

You could merge B/C with a comment about using -a or something... Anyway, I think it important to offer the ability to specify arbitrary list args so you could use "list -ald" or the upcoming "list -alS" in ioFTPD without having to use a custom command...
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Re: List options

Yes I totally agree, but this is what happens when an option is added one at a time and those options are spaced out over many many versions.

Initially we had LIST, then LIST + Hidden Files, then List + Custom, etc

Rather than completely redesign the LIST interface everything was simply added. This wasn't a huge issue until MLSD was added and then I too realized the problem we created.

To complicate things even more every time, text changes require language translation updates.

Last month FlashFXP 3.6 was finalized and the language pack released to translators, I don't see the layout of these options changing anytime soon.
DayCuts
06-27-2007, 10:04 AM

Im fairly certain that all of the current list methods support hidden files option, so if this is changed in any way the 'show hidden files' option should continue to be seperate from the list method option (list/stat/mlsd/custom/etc). When using custom you should enter the full command (including the list/stat/etc part), and the show hidden files option would be ignored.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
06-27-2007, 03:44 PM

I thought about that as well shortly after my reply, LIST and STAT both support hidden files however MLSD does not.
Too much time...
Yil
06-28-2007, 10:17 PM

My reference to MDTM in the bug report should have been to MLST... but you all figured it out
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-03-2009, 04:19 PM

This has been improved for the upcoming release.