Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 759 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Schedule does not work but seems to... Status: Closed
Severity: Critical Version: 4.1 stable

Ales_
08-14-2012, 06:01 AM
Schedule does not work but seems to...

Since January 14th, 2012, (7 month ago) I don't know why my scheduling tasks does not transfer files. The big problem is the display in the schedule screen because it writes every day that he transfered some files, so everything seems ok, but nothing happen.
I just lost 6 months of backup !

When I try to execute the task manually, noting happen, date does not change, the files does not transfer.

No log exists since january, 14th.

Ales

Data : Windows Vista / FXP 4.1.6.1673

I have no possibility to give a link for the screenshot, but I can send a pdf file, is it possible ?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Re: Schedule does not work but seems to...

Can you please try this update and let me know if there is any improvement.

FlashFXP42_1816_Setup.exe
Ales_
08-17-2012, 10:41 AM

Thanks for your answer, but no, the problem is the same. But I can reproduce the problem now.

When the task cannot be executed by Windows, for example, today it's because the user wasn't logged in. What I see in the scheduled Tasked screen of FlashFXP, it's :

- Next run : 18/08/2012 (french format)
- Last run : 17/08/2012 10:05:00 (today done)
- Schedule : At 10:05:00 every day
- Last result : Transferred 16 files in 11 minutes....
- Details : .... 57 Files Skipped / 0 Files Failed / 0 Folders Failed

So, every thing seems ok on this screen, but no files had been transferred today.

When I go in the scheduled tasks of Windows (I don't know the exact term used in English version), in the last result field there is : "The operation asked was not executed because the user was not connected to the network. The service specified does not exist."

So, the problem in FlashFXP it's to keep and display the data of the last successful operation. It's necessary to interpret better the Windows return error code and to eliminate all data in the log and to display the last result of Windows.

Now, I will check directly the files but it's really not easy.

Ales
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-19-2012, 07:58 AM

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I am working to address this issue for the next update.

My changes include the following:
  1. Displaying the scheduled task exit code error, this will allow the user to see these types of errors and eliminate any confusion.
  2. Added support for S4U logins, On Windows Vista and up its possible to schedule a task to run when the user is logged on or off without requiring the user to store their account password, now there are some limitations to this mode, as FlashFXP wont have access to encrypted or networked files.

Ideally if you need a scheduled task to run when the user is logged on or off then entering the account password is the best choice.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
08-21-2012, 02:24 PM

I have added additional checking to verify the ExitCode from the scheduled task before displaying the internal status result, this should prevent a false positive result from being shown.

If you need FlashFXP to run the scheduled task even when the user is logged out then you need to change the scheduled task configuration to run that way, there is also a new mode that doesn't require providing your windows account password to run the scheduled task, however this mode runs under S4U (Service for user) and doesn't have permission to access encrypted or networked files.

FlashFXP42_1819_Setup.exe
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket