Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 790 Category: Translation Related Issue
Title: Unable to update translations using Editor Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Minor Version: 4.2 stable

contact6
11-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Unable to update translations using Editor

Hi
I encounter the following problem : every time I try to update the French translation, FlashFXP says me "no new strings were found", even if there are 5 strings to translate.

Steps to reproduce the problem :
- Open FlashFXP
- Click, on the right pane, on the sentence "Translation Editor" (FlashFXP says "This translation is not complete, help us to improve it. Complete at 99%, 5 strings pending") (This sentence is displayed in French but I provide the corresponding English sentence for this support ticket)
- Choose an untranslated sentence in the "Translation Editor"
- Type the translation of this sentence
- In the Language menu of the "Translation Editor", click on Save
- FlashFXP tries to update the translation and says, after some seconds : "Submission failed. No new strings were found"

Of course, I tried to use "Load" => "French" in the language menu, to update my local translation : the problem I mentionned before is still present.

Thanks for all.

FlashFXP : 4.2.5 (build 1813)
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
11-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Re: Unable to update translations using Editor

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

After several hours of digging deep into this issue I have determined that this issue is caused by at least two factors.

In the latest beta release a few strings of text were removed and a couple new ones added, These changes were committed to the web server translation back-end...

At this point everything is A-OK and everything was fine and dandy...

At some point I approved several new language text translations, the languages with the new text are now effected..

I had a very generous friend design and code our web back-end but I have to take all the blame, neither one of us had any idea what our exact requirements were prior to starting the endeavor, my limited mysql/php knowledge at the time didn't help any either..

At any rate the problem is that each language commit is inherited from the previous and then compared against the current revision of the English template, and purging any strings that aren't found. Since the last revision of the English template did not contain those 5 strings they were excluded from the new language commit.

I am working to resolve the problem and recover the lost strings, however if you were to submit them again (I have disabled the duplicate submission check) I can approve them again.

I plan on releasing a new stable build in the next week or two and in this new build those strings are no longer used.. I think this is the first time strings were accidentally removed during the beta phase, unless this is what happened last time?
contact6
11-10-2012, 03:47 AM
Re: Unable to update translations using Editor

Thanks for this complete answer !

I just submitted new translations (and it works now).

Thanks for all you have done and for your great software