Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 688 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: File edit stops working randomly Status: Closed
Severity: Medium Version: 4.2 stable

MrVon
04-05-2012, 04:45 PM
File edit stops working randomly

In File Associations in on save i have "Prompt". It works great except sometimes it just stops and does not upload anymore even if i make changes to file and save.

It is not related to ftp connection being lost because even if i disconnect and reconnect to ftp, or even clear active edits list and try get file for editing again it does not upload it to ftp anymore. Active edits window shows file modified, but when i right click and select upload nothing happens.

Only way to make it work is to restart FlashFXP.

I think it has to do with previous bug where it randomly start asking upload modified file to ftp even where there was no changes made to it. And even if you do click upload it pops up upload dialog right back. I think it was not fully fixed.

EDIT: Just found how it happens, it happens each time after minimizing FlashFXP to system tray. And dunno if that helps but i keep active edits window always closed.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Re: File edit stops working randomly

I'm really not sure what is causing the detection routine to fail after minimizing FlashFXP to the system tray, I reviewed the source code and there is no direct link between the two and minimizing FlashFXP should not change the outcome.

I conducted many different tests but I have not been able to reproduce it.

What version of Windows are you using?

Does minimizing the window to the taskbar produce the same result as minimizing to the system tray?
MrVon
04-09-2012, 05:12 PM

Windows XP.

I think minimizing to tanbark does not do it. Guess its random thing it happened again now without doing any window manipulations.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
04-12-2012, 01:46 PM

I am still trying to figure out the exact cause of this issue.

Its being extremely difficult since I am unable to reproduce the problem on any of my test machines.

I am wondering if perhaps maybe there might be a conflict between FlashFXP and some other software installed on the computer.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
07-26-2012, 10:56 AM

Please let me know if this issue is resolved in the latest release, 4.2.5 build 1807