Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 779 Category: Other
Title: [linux] Flashfxp update hang Status: Closed
Severity: Minor Version: 4.2 stable

sw33t
10-09-2012, 04:41 AM
[linux] Flashfxp update hang

Hy,
I'm running flashfxp on debian squeeze with wine-1.0.1.
I know its not a priority but i tought i'd report it because previous versions worked..
HTML Code:
env WINEPREFIX="/home/gr3g/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\FlashFXP 4\FlashFXP.exe" 
fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0xb3faf8) using GetSystemInfo()
fixme:shell:FileIconInit (true)
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x500a0), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x500a0), partial stub!
fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
fixme:shell:SHAutoComplete SHAutoComplete stub
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {56fdf344-fd6d-11d0-958a-006097c9a090} not registered
err:ole:create_server class {56fdf344-fd6d-11d0-958a-006097c9a090} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {56fdf344-fd6d-11d0-958a-006097c9a090} could be created for context 0x5
err:shell:SHGetFileInfoW pidl is null!
fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common WM_STYLECHANGING: stub
fixme:richedit:RichEditWndProc_common WM_STYLECHANGED: stub
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 996 bytes in thread 001f eip 7eda6c9f esp 00940f4c stack 0x940000-0x941000-0xb40000
err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7edf9fc0 "../../../dlls/user32/user_main.c: USER_SysLevel" wait timed out in thread 0021, blocked by 001f, retrying (60 sec)
Thanks!
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
10-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Re: [linux] Flashfxp update hang

Hello,

What specific build of FlashFXP are you trying to upgrade from?

I have Ubuntu setup and running wine 1.4 and I am not seeing this problem, however its possible that this was has since been resolved.

In this specific situation you may need to just download the latest build directly from our website rather than use the built in live update.
sw33t
10-09-2012, 12:00 PM

Hy,
It was a problem with all 1.4 releases but I guess its happening due to some call during the download process because same happens with the translation update/upgrade screen..
X3
10-11-2012, 05:31 PM

Its running in wine, Some alcohol is bound to affect it. Seriously now, it could be the cause why another user couldn't auto update a while ago, Wine has been known to make bugs stick out like a sore thumb.

nite nite
10-12-2012, 09:21 AM

I would recommend updating Wine, I tested the latest stable release of wine and everything appears to be working flawlessly.

I have spent many hours testing and fine tuning FlashFXP to run flawlessly on Wine. I believe that if FlashFXP runs great on wine that it will run even better on windows.

As part of my quality assurance testing I test FlashFXP on the latest Wine Stable release, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 7, Windows 8.

I take supporting Wine very serious but since I only spend a small percentage of my time testing on Wine it's possible that some problems can exist and I welcome any and all reports of any such issue.
sw33t
10-12-2012, 06:18 PM

Heyy
Thanks for the heads up!
I use flashfxp currently with this version of wine because its the default version shipped with debian stable and im about to avoid the testing repo as far as i can but i guess im going to give it a try again..
Currently im using flashfxp with win7,xp(virtualbox) and wine and all is well. I think these were my best few $s spent on sw .
I'm going to report back as soon as ive upgraded wine
sw33t
10-12-2012, 06:53 PM

Hy,
With wine-1.3.20 everything seems to be OK!
Thanks for clearing that wine-compatibility is a priority i think this ticket can be invalidated...
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket