Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > >

Project: FlashFXP Bug Reports Ticket Tools
ID: 1140 Category: FlashFXP Bug
Title: Incorrect file structures where parent / sub folders are named the same Status: Closed (Fixed / Implemented)
Severity: Medium Version: 5.4

Modest
03-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Incorrect file structures where parent / sub folders are named the same

Situation: Drag/drop a new folder into a parent folder that has a sub folder of the same name transfers the files into the sub folder erroneously.

Let me explain:
Remote drive has the following folder structure: C:\Genesis\Genesis

Step 1) On remote drive, browse to C:\Genesis
Step 2) On local drive, identify new folder (call it "New Folder") and drag\drop it over to C:\Genesis

Expected Result:
C:\Genesis\New Folder\ with files in "New Folder"

Actual Result:
C:\Genesis\New Folder is created, but remains empty.
C:\Genesis\Genesis receives the files from "New Folder"

Current workaround:
1) Manually create C:\Genesis\New Folder in remote drive.
2) Drag/Drop individual files from "New Folder" in local drive to "New Folder" in remote drive.

Windows 10 x64, FlashFXP 5.4.0 (build 3960)

Hope this is detailed enough.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-14-2017, 05:07 PM
Re: Incorrect file structures where parent / sub folders are named the same

Hello,

Thank you for your bug report.

Can you please clarify if by remote drive you mean the remote server and are you connecting to it over FTP or SFTP?

Or have I misunderstood and both browsers are set to are local, or are you dragging from within the local browser pane.

And in your example you show the remote using DOS style paths,
does the server use DOS style paths as your example illustrates?

If it does then what is the server software brand/version?
Modest
03-16-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
Hello,

Thank you for your bug report.

Can you please clarify if by remote drive you mean the remote server and are you connecting to it over FTP or SFTP?

Or have I misunderstood and both browsers are set to are local, or are you dragging from within the local browser pane.

And in your example you show the remote using DOS style paths,
does the server use DOS style paths as your example illustrates?

If it does then what is the server software brand/version?
Don't know if my last post got saved... didn't see it update the ticket.

1) Did mean Remote Server, yes.
2) Am using FTP
3) Am dragging a new folder from local browser pane and dropping to the desired destination in the remote server's path.
4) Remote server doesn't really allow me to browse DOS drives... remote server admin has given me access rights to his Windows Home Server, and read/write to a folder and it's sub-folders.
5) Remote server is Xlight.

Here's a screenshot example of what would go wrong... Dragging the "New Album" folder from local browser pane (Z:\Genesis) to remote browser pane would not copy the files into /Music/Genesis/New Album on the remote side as you would expect, but instead would:
a) Create a folder called "New Album"
b) Copy the files to /Music/Genesis/Genesis
c) Leave "New Album" empty

Hope this provides more answers to your questions?

FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-16-2017, 09:59 AM

I suspect that there might be some oddity with the FTP server because this is not the expected behavior.

I would need to see a copy of the session log, the best way to provide that is either via a private message or by using the Contact Us link

A session log can be obtained by right-clicking on the session window (typically the bottom-right pane) and selecting "copy to clipboard"

Please reproduce the problem and then send me results.
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-17-2017, 03:02 PM

Thank you for the session log, looking at the log the FTP server is giving us the wrong information and that is the start of this problem.

[CLIENT] MKD /Music/Genesis/New Album
[SERVER] 257 "/Music/Genesis/" directory created.

Here we see FlashFXP requesting to create "/Music/Genesis/New Album" and the server returns success but it indicates "/Music/Genesis/" was the name of the created folder.

We have some sanity checking that is applied to the path specified by the server reply and from here something goes wrong because instead of "/Music/Genesis" or "/Music/Genesis/New Album" we end up with "/Music/Genesis/Genesis" which is incorrect.
I will need to investigate this further on my end to see why this is.

[CLIENT] CWD /Music/Genesis/Genesis
[SERVER] 250 Directory successfully changed

So it looks like there are two problems, one with the server and one with the client.

After FlashFXP issues the MKD command does the folder "/Music/Genesis/New Album" actually get created?
FlashFXP Developer
bigstar
03-17-2017, 05:21 PM

I came up with a workaround for the issue and released a new build, you can download it from within FlashFXP or via the website.
Modest
03-19-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar
I came up with a workaround for the issue and released a new build, you can download it from within FlashFXP or via the website.
Yessir... confirmed that the new Build fixed the issue, and things are behaving as expected now.

Thank you!
Ticket Tools
Subscribe to this Ticket